Aaron Ramsey back to Cardiff

they are..banned from paying a fee until they do

not really..he played more games than bounsong at Juve and won more good trophies at Juve..

he played over 40 times last season...lets say he plays 30 times next season,,that would be good enough

if you add his club and country games together..he played 38 games last season...and 37 the year before...but aye always injured i read it on here..

exactly..that was two seasons ago..thats not who they are signing..

the 50 was the total number he played for juventus...not last season..he didnt play for juventus last season cos he was busy playing for Nice..
Jack Rodwell played more games than Carl Winchester and at a higher level yet one is considered our worst ever signing too - and it isn't Winchester.

yes and part of that is because of the fee for rodwell relative to winchester..
ramsey didnt cost a fee and was partof A successful Juventus team...
Ramsey was on ÂŁ400kpw at a time when they were giving out huge wages and eventually had to cut back. That was the issue.

As with Rodwell - the transfer fee wasn't the issue - we paid ÂŁ10m which is a lot but we've paid bigger fees and made equally as big losses. But he was our highest earner at a time when the club was financially crippled and gave us nothing back on the pitch.

Ramsey was on ÂŁ400kpw at a time when they were giving out huge wages and eventually had to cut back. That was the issue.

As with Rodwell - the transfer fee wasn't the issue - we paid ÂŁ10m which is a lot but we've paid bigger fees and made equally as big losses. But he was our highest earner at a time when the club was financially crippled and gave us nothing back on the pitch.
ah you see thats different..if saying "ramsey was a poor signing given his wages" that could be valid..its not the same as saying he is the worsdt footballer in ability terms they ever had,..because he definitely isnt..
and 400k a week on a bosman is ÂŁ20mn in year one...they have paid more than that for footballers oin trasfer fees and got less in return..

That's totally irrelevant to what I posted tbf.
im not sure what you were trying to convey..
..there is a myth on here that ramsey is always injured, lacks fitness or is too old to play at a good level...
...despite him playing a lot of games last season at a good level...
...coming on a free to a championship club where its his hoemtown team and he is motivated..he is an excellent short-term signing..

im not sure what you were trying to convey..
..there is a myth on here that ramsey is always injured, lacks fitness or is too old to play at a good level...
...despite him playing a lot of games last season at a good level...
...coming on a free to a championship club where its his hoemtown team and he is motivated..he is an excellent short-term signing..
Hes just not very good anymore. He didn't even start half of their games I dont think.

He will not give a shiny shite.

Hes just not very good anymore. He didn't even start half of their games I dont think.

He will not give a shiny shite.
he chose to go back to cardiff despite better offers...he played over 30 times for them...he has made a fortune played at the very highest levels of the won won a huge amount of trophies...finishing up at his home town club is ideal..
of course he isnt/arsenal or Juve level now...but he doesnt need to be to be Cardiff level..

he chose to go back to cardiff despite better offers...he played over 30 times for them...he has made a fortune played at the very highest levels of the won won a huge amount of trophies...finishing up at his home town club is ideal..
of course he isnt/arsenal or Juve level now...but he doesnt need to be to be Cardiff level..
Fair enough, time will tell.

He WAS a great player. Looked f***ing terribly every time I've seen him for about 3 years. Could barely move for Wales.

Fair enough, time will tell.

He WAS a great player. Looked f***ing terribly every time I've seen him for about 3 years. Could barely move for Wales.
no one is saying he is a great player now..great players dont play in the championship...he just has to be an average one..he got plenty of caps for wales in 2022/23 though they may not have many alternatives..

Back