All Electric cars

I have one.

No home charger as I don’t have a drive, but it charges at work, and I live within a few minutes of two sets of free charge points provided by the local authority where I live.

E TRON has a good range. I wouldn’t want anything less than 200 miles.

I have one.

No home charger as I don’t have a drive, but it charges at work, and I live within a few minutes of two sets of free charge points provided by the local authority where I live.

The one I'm looking at has a range of 250 miles ..... Getting a home charger in and work has one as well so should work out ok that way
Waiting on my I pace but charging point installed.
Was hoping I'd never have to use it we have 6 points at work but think I'm wfh for the next few months.
Not that I'll be doing many miles like

Very nice car the I pace

The one I'm looking at has a range of 250 miles ..... Getting a home charger in and work has one as well so should work out ok that way

Very nice car the I pace
Hope so, haven't drove one but they do sound good and I like the look of them.
Tbh i was gonna be a couple of hundred quid a month better off even though the car is more than my current one until this hit, not as much of a saving until I'm back in the office but no worse off than now.

Very nice car the I pace

I can confirm that @legend7 will very much enjoy his I-PACE as I have the base model and it is superb.
The electric car charging will be cheap enough....for now....until the electric cars overtake petrol and diesel.....and then it'll likely be, crash bang wallop on our finances....is my guess.

Indeed. I think now is the golden age of EVs.

No BIK and mostly free charging. That will of course end when the govt need to recoup tax lost from lost petrol sales.

Last edited:
I can confirm that @legend7 will very much enjoy his I-PACE as I have the base model and it is superb.

Indeed. I think now is the golden age of EVs.

No BIK and mostly free charging. That will of course end when the govt need to recoup tax lost from lost petrol sales.
Yeah the offer I took is the S, really wanted to change the wheels but wasn't allowed, they do sound mint though and I'm pleased you're loving yours.

Yeah the offer I took is the S, really wanted to change the wheels but wasn't allowed, they do sound mint though and I'm pleased you're loving yours.

Honestly you won’t be let down. I was also annoyed about the alloys on the S but someone else at work has the SE and honestly, meh.
-

As an aside, Tesla is obviously king of the EVs and if an EV is a cost effective option when my current lease ends I will be looking at either a Tesla S or Tesla 3.

@Joe Public is the man to speak to.

Last edited:
Honestly you won’t be let down. I was also annoyed about the alloys on the S but someone else at work has the SE and honestly, meh.
I just think they look a bit small and the tyres large but with everything else you get it was a no brainer, might even just see if I can do them black when it finally comes and I can speak to lease company and insurance direct.
So do you have sound on or sound off, is the range as you expected?

I just think they look a bit small and the tyres large but with everything else you get it was a no brainer, might even just see if I can do them black when it finally comes and I can speak to lease company and insurance direct.
So do you have sound on or sound off, is the range as you expected?

Sound on, if you mean the whirring noise.

Range I’ll say 180-200 the way I drive it, 220 if I’m kinder.

Think having the home charger will help and one at work also

Just a big change really
Can’t see me ever going back, don’t miss going to petrol stations that’s for sure. Tesla is class to drive, it virtually drives itself, there are times that I’ve put it on autopilot at whitemare pool and not had to do any driving myself until I come off at the A1/a690 round about.

if you have home charging youll be fine, we don’t have them at work yet as the landlord failed to pull his finger out despite agreeing to get some installed in September last year.

I have one.

What's the furthest you've ever driven?

Can’t see me ever going back, don’t miss going to petrol stations that’s for sure. Tesla is class to drive, it virtually drives itself, there are times that I’ve put it on autopilot at whitemare pool and not had to do any driving myself until I come off at the A1/a690 round about.

if you have home charging youll be fine, we don’t have them at work yet as the landlord failed to pull his finger out despite agreeing to get some installed in September last year.

Lad I work with has the Tesla its a canny car very different haha ..... That's almost my commute to and from work ....

Yeah that's my thoughts with the home charger

Back