Amad, Simms, Stewart

It's easy to dismiss Ellis Simms' performances this season if you only look at stats.

While his goalscoring (the only stat most fans look at) is low and at times frustrating, he's been far more influential on the pitch for a while. His presence has been pulling CBs out of position, allowing our midfield to score far more goals than we're used to. Robins wouldn't play him if he didn't see something positive in the player.

And returning to his goals, he's starting to come out of his shell and is becoming far more effective in and around the penalty area. This is showing in the fact he's started finding the net.

He's won over the majority of Cov fans and everyone is willing him to keep improving. Start of the season, we wanted him gone. Robins has been proven right again, now we want him to start each game.
I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say he’s won over the majority of Cov fans, tbf.

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say he’s won over the majority of Cov fans, tbf.
Depends where you're hearing that.

I can only speak as I hear/read from the various media outlets and what I hear on local radio phone-ins, not just social media. He has his vocal detractors still, and probably always will, but they are getting quieter and quieter. And those detractors do like to hate on individual players, regardless of form or performances. We've had it on Godden, Wilson (our Golden Gloves keeper from last season), Ellis, Haji Wright and everyone bar the training ground tealady. I will say that the majority (over 50%) now see what he brings to the team.

He's never going to be an out-and-out 20 goals a season striker but what he does on the pitch works with our current formation.

Stewart has played about 17 mins this season
Simms wasn't worth what they were asking
Diallo, would have been amazing if we could get another loan for him but man United are a basket case atm

I wish we signed broadhead when we had the chance
Yet the 1st 3 scored 31 goals last season for us...

Agreed on Broadhead though was worried about his injury record!

Depends where you're hearing that.

I can only speak as I hear/read from the various media outlets and what I hear on local radio phone-ins, not just social media. He has his vocal detractors still, and probably always will, but they are getting quieter and quieter. And those detractors do like to hate on individual players, regardless of form or performances. We've had it on Godden, Wilson (our Golden Gloves keeper from last season), Ellis, Haji Wright and everyone bar the training ground tealady. I will say that the majority (over 50%) now see what he brings to the team.

He's never going to be an out-and-out 20 goals a season striker but what he does on the pitch works with our current formation.
Hearing it from my Cov Other half and his mates.

Players who also played a big role last year - Pritchard, Baath, Gooch.

But Speakman knows better and replaced them with Pembele, Triantis and Aouchiche.

The model :cool::cool:
Talking about Pembele, where the fuck is he?Supposedly played Champions League football, allegedly paid a canny fee for him, yet despite him being fit enough for the bench for weeks, he can’t get a start.

But yet still miles ahead of what we have

Scary stuff this mind, and exactly what I try to get across to people. Getting rid of experienced players and replacing them with youth players isn't progress, it's stagnation and reversing what little progresses were made. There will come a point when all of our team will be to young to cope with this league and drop like a stone. In some cases it's happening now.

The hope is that come next season we'll have O'Nien, Ballard, Neil, Styles, Clarke, Roberts are the experienced core however I feel a few of those will be sold.

Certainly could do with lads that have been there & done it. For that Baath, Pritch were exactly that!
People who think Simms was shite are the same people who thought James Vaughan was better than Lewis Grabban at the time.

Thickies.

Simms scored 7 in 17 which equates to approx 19 league goals a season if he played all 46 league games. Even if he didn't he was on statistically for 14 goals if you say he played another 17 games.

Not many players will score that this season!

Last edited:
Hearing it from my Cov Other half and his mates.

Will only say everyone has their own opinion. I'm arguing with other Cov fans on Twitter as to who's our better keeper :lol:

If Ellis keeps on progressing as he is, I'm sure he'll do well for us. He was caught on camera with a finger to his mouth as in shushing the fans and pointing to the fans after scoring against Bristol City. He was pointing toward the Coventry fans. The naysayers may well be firing him up, which is perfect karma :p

Back