Amad, Simms, Stewart

Stewart has played about 17 mins this season
Simms wasn't worth what they were asking
Diallo, would have been amazing if we could get another loan for him but man United are a basket case atm

I wish we signed broadhead when we had the chance

Sorry, that should have said “I’m not saying he’s not better than Burstow”.

Of course he’s better than Burstow. My seven year old is better than Burstow.
is that what they paid everton?! 'kin hell... makes that will grigg deal look good.
It might be £3.5m plus more if they go up, rather than appearances tbh. Which on current form they might.

Last edited:
Have you even seen Ellis Simms play for Coventry this season???
But yet still miles ahead of what we have
Players who also played a big role last year - Pritchard, Baath, Gooch.

But Speakman knows better and replaced them with Pembele, Triantis and Aouchiche.

The model :cool::cool:
Scary stuff this mind, and exactly what I try to get across to people. Getting rid of experienced players and replacing them with youth players isn't progress, it's stagnation and reversing what little progresses were made. There will come a point when all of our team will be to young to cope with this league and drop like a stone. In some cases it's happening now.

Last edited:
But yet still miles ahead of what we have

Scary stuff this mind, and exactly what I try to get across to people. Getting rid of experienced players and replacing them with youth players isn't progress, it's stagnation and reversing what little progresses were made. There will come a point when all of our team will be to young to cope with this league and drop like a stone. In some cases it's happening now.
The thing is, I didn’t mind getting rid of people like Simms and replacing them with exciting kids when we were playing the fast paced brilliant stuff we were playing last season. I left Watford last season thinking we were looking f***ing awesome, as really excited for the future.

That’s not the kids. That’s the change of manager and tactics.

The thing is, I didn’t mind getting rid of people like Simms and replacing them with exciting kids when we were playing the fast paced brilliant stuff we were playing last season. I left Watford last season thinking we were looking f***ing awesome, as really excited for the future.

It’s not just the change of manager, under Mowbray we’d lost that exciting fast play and become slow and ponderous. Beale has somehow made it a lot worse which is quite the achievement. If you look at some of our performances from earlier in the season you’d never believe it was largely the same team as last year, the approach has been completely different (and shite).

We've never had a decent kids to replace them though. That exciting football came with those players in the squad

Amad was £37 mil just the other day on a different thread. At this rate we’ll have to buy him tomorrow in order to be able to afford him.

It’ll be interesting how they reinvest the sales of Clarke and Neil in the summer, and what direction they take. If we buy with one eye on the following campaign we will go down.

We need players that can come in and contribute immediately
Prob use the money to fund all the crud we have already brought in. We’ve invested heavily in our strike force. By then they will be up to speed and knocking them in every week. Apparently.

It’ll be interesting how they reinvest the sales of Clarke and Neil in the summer, and what direction they take. If we buy with one eye on the following campaign we will go down.

We need players that can come in and contribute immediately

Probs get about 30mil, owe Tottenham 10mil and buy a moberg karlsson regen for 100k to take his place.

It's easy to dismiss Ellis Simms' performances this season if you only look at stats.

While his goalscoring (the only stat most fans look at) is low and at times frustrating, he's been far more influential on the pitch for a while. His presence has been pulling CBs out of position, allowing our midfield to score far more goals than we're used to. Robins wouldn't play him if he didn't see something positive in the player.

And returning to his goals, he's starting to come out of his shell and is becoming far more effective in and around the penalty area. This is showing in the fact he's started finding the net.

He's won over the majority of Cov fans and everyone is willing him to keep improving. Start of the season, we wanted him gone. Robins has been proven right again, now we want him to start each game.

Back