An Elected Mayor for the North East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote Ray Mallon.

I predict that we will have a regional assembly in Durham for maybe 3 or 4 years before they make a brilliant case for having it in a lovely shiny building in Newcastle

There will be a mayor for the Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham regions (inc Notthumberland) and another for the Teesside area.

Crime commissioners will be sacked off.

Part of the deal is that when one party is voted out the next cannot just sack off everything the previous one started.

It won't be as autonomous as people think and personally I believe we said no to something similar when Prescott tried it.

There will be a mayor for the Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham regions (inc Notthumberland) and another for the Teesside area.

Crime commissioners will be sacked off.

Part of the deal is that when one party is voted out the next cannot just sack off everything the previous one started.

It won't be as autonomous as people think and personally I believe we said no to something similar when Prescott tried it.
Hopefully we can just sack it off again but I doubt it. It just goes to show that nobody gives a duck what we think.

I wonder if they consider that we are building a brand spanking building on Vaux that would do very nicely as a regional government assembly building

Hopefully we can just sack it off again but I doubt it. It just goes to show that nobody gives a duck what we think.

I wonder if they consider that we are building a brand spanking building on Vaux that would do very nicely as a regional government assembly building

I imagine they'll be moved in with the LEP (Local Enterprise Partnership) which is near Central Station in Newcastle.

Why not?

Does having a purpose built building help?

Course not.

It's about inward investment for the region and ease of getting to the premises for those we're schmoozing.

Newcastle is a lot easier. Like I said earlier Gateshead will be seen as a compromise.

Course not.

It's about inward investment for the region and ease of getting to the premises for those we're schmoozing.

Newcastle is a lot easier. Like I said earlier Gateshead will be seen as a compromise.
Sunderland is not harder to get to :lol:

And who would want to go to Gateshead :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back