Any vegetarians on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to health and cosmetic reasons I've changed my diet to extremely fatty 80% meat based to a far more vegetarian diet. It's only been day 6 and I've noticed my energy levels and clarity of though vastly reduced.

How do you counteract this (and still stay vegetarian) as it seems to happen quite frequently according to the research I've done.

Due to health and cosmetic reasons I've changed my diet to extremely fatty 80% meat based to a far more vegetarian diet. It's only been day 6 and I've noticed my energy levels and clarity of though vastly reduced.

How do you counteract this (and still stay vegetarian) as it seems to happen quite frequently according to the research I've done.

Clarity of "THOUGH ??

So you are energised and think more clearly but your spelling has gone all to sh*te?:D

I became vegetarian aged 35 and didn't notice any such impact. Mind you, I was never a massive meat eater anyway. Maybe you shouldn't make such a sudden change and just reduce your meat intake a bit more gradually.

I was veggie for years, (thought it would impress the lasses). Still and try to avoid meat these days but love a good steak every now and then.
Energy levels are due more to carbs than protein though one thing veggies often miss out on is iron - try taking n iron supplement and see if that sorts you out.
The shit they put in meat is shocking. But that is especially so in bacon, which is the king of all food groups.
Quorn is a half decent substitute for chicken in curries, pasta dishes etc. if you haven't tried it.

I became vegetarian aged 35 and didn't notice any such impact. Mind you, I was never a massive meat eater anyway. Maybe you shouldn't make such a sudden change and just reduce your meat intake a bit more gradually.
This!
I just gradually cut down on meat until I stopped.

Beans and rice fatty

I was veggie for years, (thought it would impress the lasses). Still and try to avoid meat these days but love a good steak every now and then.
Energy levels are due more to carbs than protein though one thing veggies often miss out on is iron - try taking n iron supplement and see if that sorts you out.
The shit they put in meat is shocking. But that is especially so in bacon, which is the king of all food groups.
Quorn is a half decent substitute for chicken in curries, pasta dishes etc. if you haven't tried it.
I love Quorn stuff, it puts hairs on me balls and does not taste of the dead.

How does your calorie intake compare since you've changed? Carbs are associated with concentration and energy but in a vegetarian diet I'd have thought it unlikely you weren't getting enough. It's more likely your overall calorie intake is lower so you just need to eat more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back