Arsenal have made an approach for Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think a lot of people are struggling to understand the difference between a player who is excellent, and a player who would be excellent for Sunderland.

Ki is an excellent player, and he showed that for us on occassion. But we don't play the style to accomodate him, and when we tried it was disastrous. If you want proof, look at how much more success we had last season in the run in with him out of the team, and under Dick this year when we ditched Poyets system.

He'll do well at Arsenal, as he's done well for Swansea. For us, other than the occasional glimpse, he just didn't fit.

Classy player, not sure how much of a difference he would make at Arsenal though? I suppose Cazorla had played in there a lot this year, he's getting in and might want to return to Spain.

You'd think if they wanted to improve their centre midfield they'd be going for another world class type.

They definitely need an upgrade on 'Le Coq'

I reckon a lot on here spat their dummy out once they found out he wouldn't join permanently and said he had no heart etc. Very good player and a big miss, would do well at Arsenal.

I think a lot of people are struggling to understand the difference between a player who is excellent, and a player who would be excellent for Sunderland.

Ki is an excellent player, and he showed that for us on occassion. But we don't play the style to accomodate him, and when we tried it was disastrous. If you want proof, look at how much more success we had last season in the run in with him out of the team, and under Dick this year when we ditched Poyets system.

He'll do well at Arsenal, as he's done well for Swansea. For us, other than the occasional glimpse, he just didn't fit.
That's daft, he was our best player for much of that season imho. Oozed class on the ball. Could carry it forward really well, loved watching him play.

"The occasional glimpse?" He practically carried us through the winter months. We really aren't in a position to be thinking players of Ki's quality are not for us. He's head and shoulders above anything we have in midfield. Absolutely head and shoulders.

That's daft, he was our best player for much of that season imho. Oozed class on the ball. Could carry it forward really well, loved watching him play.

'For much of that season' we were rock bottom. 27 games he played in, we won, if i remember correctly, 6 of them. And one of those he came on as a sub. Without him involved at all, we played 11 and won 4 (I know the stats, because I've had this exact same discussion on here before).

Again, Im not disputing he's an excellent player, but neither he nor Poyets style of play were a fit for our current squad.

'For much of that season' we were rock bottom. 27 games he played in, we won, if i remember correctly, 6 of them. And one of those he came on as a sub. Without him involved at all, we played 11 and won 4 (I know the stats, because I've had this exact same discussion on here before).

Again, Im not disputing he's an excellent player, but neither he nor Poyets style of play were a fit for our current squad.
I think Ki was a good fit for Poyet's ideal style of possession football. Which is why he looks so good for Swansea. I agree that we're probably not suited to that style, but when we were doing well under Poyet, Ki looked class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back