Baltimore bridge collapse

It probably wasn’t designed for accidental loadings.

As soon as one member fails, there’s a redistribution of stress/ laid paths and all surrounding members become instantly overloaded and fail.
Aye, you could see that. Each piece was dependent on the next.

that might happen with every bridge in the world for I know but how quickly it crumbled stood out to me too.

Wonder what’s went wrong with the ship.
Well bridges of the same structure aye.

The Wearmouth Bridge and QA are different structures as is the Spire for example so wouldn’t collapse in the same way I doubt.

Well without seeing any footage I have now gathered on here it was a ship and not a shop. Confused the hell out of me.

We're there many cars crossing at the time? I've no idea what that bridge looks like size wise tbh.

Well without seeing any footage I have now gathered on here it was a ship and not a shop. Confused the hell out of me.

We're there many cars crossing at the time? I've no idea what that bridge looks like size wise tbh.
One of the biggest truss bridges in the world apparently. And looking at Baltimore geographically, not having that bridge will cause serious traffic problems. Obviously that pales into insignificance compared to any loss of life like.

Who was steering this thing? The river pilot ? The don't put them autopilot when going up and down rivers do they?
Someone is in serious trouble with the authorities over there.

Back