Barca transfer ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabregas left 11 years ago. It's probably why they started pressuring kids' parents into signing away their kid's futures...

And no, I'm fairly confident that when the Spanish High Court decided that a parent couldn't sign away the next 10 years of their kid's future, it wasn't because they supported Madrid...

A trust fund would stop this!

Fabregas left 11 years ago. It's probably why they started pressuring kids' parents into signing away their kid's futures...

And no, I'm fairly confident that when the Spanish High Court decided that a parent couldn't sign away the next 10 years of their kid's future, it wasn't because they supported Madrid...

Knowing what they are like I wouldn't be so confident

Right, well I can see this is a waste of time. Avoiding the infringement, and instead focussing on a "Real Madrid Conspiracy".

Spanish

What exactly have barça done that is so terrible? I'm not going to get involved in the legal technicalties ( I'm not a Lawyer and no one is going to pay me 1500 pounds an hour), but afaik the whole question revolves around the letter of the "law",which Barça have infringed, versus the spirit of the law, which Barça will argue (and probably correctly) their Masia system preserves.

However the bottom line is that an un-named European club (from Madrid) have lodged a formal complaint to Fifa, in an effort to destroy their rivals competitve advantage, ie La Masia.

The rest is lawyer's delight.

Spanish

What exactly have barça done that is so terrible? I'm not going to get involved in the legal technicalties ( I'm not a Lawyer and no one is going to pay me 1500 pounds an hour), but afaik the whole question revolves around the letter of the "law",which Barça have infringed, versus the spirit of the law, which Barça will argue (and probably correctly) their Masia system preserves.

However the bottom line is that an un-named European club (from Madrid) have lodged a formal complaint to Fifa, in an effort to destroy their rivals competitve advantage, ie La Masia.

God, you're like the wannabe Catalan Professional Mackem. Ha'way, everything isnt always a Madrid conspiracy and Barcelona aren't always in the right. The way you go on defending them in every thread is a bit ridiculous bearing in mind that youre a sunderland fan who, unless ive missed some deeper reason for the "support" just happens to live in Barcelona.

God, you're like the wannabe Catalan Professional Mackem. Ha'way, everything isnt always a Madrid conspiracy and Barcelona aren't always in the right. The way you go on defending them in every thread is a bit ridiculous bearing in mind that youre a sunderland fan who, unless ive missed some deeper reason for the "support" just happens to live in Barcelona.

Pure Football - discussion board - simply participating in a thread about which I know a little bit more than your average Joe. :)

It was a cunning plan like...appeal the ban and in the mean time spunk well over £100m.

€153 million to date.

All eyes on Reus and Cuadrado

Last edited:

Spanish

No, the question does not revolve around this. You have to obtain authorisation before registering a foreign minor. This has been known to all clubs before it's implementation in 2009. The issue revolves around the fact that Barcelona went ahead and registered minors without this authorisation.

It's really that simple, so no need for a law degree.

No, the question does not revolve around this. You have to obtain authorisation before registering a foreign minor. This has been known to all clubs before it's implementation in 2009. The issue revolves around the fact that Barcelona went ahead and registered minors without this authorisation.

It's really that simple, so no need for a law degree.

What is the reasoning behind the legislation regarding registering young players - isn't it something to do with protecting minors from dedicating their teenage years to trying to become professional footballers, not making it, getting discarded without having received a normal edcuation and then ending up on the scrapheap of life?

What is the reasoning behind the legislation regarding registering young players - isn't it something to do with protecting minors from dedicating their teenage years to trying to become professional footballers, not making it, getting discarded without having received a normal edcuation and then ending up on the scrapheap of life?

One of the many reasons, yes. But it doesn't matter what the reasoning behind the regulations are. The regulations are in place, and Barcelona were sanctioned for not complying with them.

It's a sanction for straight non compliance. Not for misinterpreting something.

Nothing to do with this thread but are Espanyol fans Madrid sympathisers?

One of the many reasons, yes. But it doesn't matter what the reasoning behind the regulations are. The regulations are in place, and Barcelona were sanctioned for not complying with them.

It's a sanction for straight non compliance. Not for misinterpreting something.

The only justification for any law is the reasoning behind it - what good is it going to do.

The Masia could well be described as the Harrow/Eton of football academies - all the youngsters have to go to school till the age of 16 at least, as all other teenagers have to, and the ethos of the academy is to form people, not just footballers, since they well know that "many are called, but few are chosen"

Nothing to do with this thread but are Espanyol fans Madrid sympathisers?

A few have Madrid sympathies (the ones in love with the name Español - ie. not catalan) but the great majority just support them as they are the alternative to the goliath that is Barcelona. They are distinguished more for their hate of Barça than Madridophilia. I have quite a few friends that are Espanyol supporters and are as "catalan" as the most.

Last edited:
The only justification for any law is the reasoning behind it - what good is it going to do.

The Masia could well be described as the Harrow/Eton of football academies - all the youngsters have to go to school till the age of 16 at least, as all other teenagers have to, and the ethos of the academy is to form people, not just footballers, since they well know that "many are called, but few are chosen"
So the rich can steal from the poor for the greater good? Think you'd enjoy Hot Fuzz marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back