Bengali Wedding in the East End of London today

Ohh look at me after the shit show of yesterday.
Not often you get invited to a ceremony from the owner of your takeaway you frequent.
Today was the Wedding Ceremony of his Daughter.

Anyone else experienced one?
Quite incredible, very laid back and an enjoyable experience and an incredible venue like a temple.

I knew a few of the staff who were also invited and got introduced to the families. We were treated so well and never felt out of place. Was an interesting walk from the East Ham Tube station.
The food was incredible, some of the girls looked stunning as did the bride and groom.
Clearly a non alcoholic zone however felt honoured to be invited.

Never wore my straw hat.

Last edited:

Not often you get invited to a ceremony from the owner of your takeaway you frequent.

Quite incredible, very laid back and an enjoyable experience and an incredible venue like a temple.

I knew a few of the staff who were also invited and got introduced to the families. We were treated so well and never felt out of place. Was an interesting walk from the East Ham Tube station.
The food was incredible, some of the girls looked stunning as did the bride and groom.

No but I do remember a British-Pakistani lad I used to manage telling me how much they (collectively as a family) had spent on his wedding and being astonished 😯

Big big things Asian weddings apparently.

was the room seperated with men on one half and women on the other ?

I was invited to one a while back but didnt fancy being the only white bloke there :lol: my mum went and I had to drop her off and pick her up and it looked pretty mental. I got there a bit earlier than the time on the invitation not knowning that was really a rough estimate and the tradition is to turn up an hour or 2 late.

Never wore my straw hat.
Sounds class
I was in the big smoke but for a less enjoyable experiance moving the oldest daughter into digs

I was invited to one a while back but didnt fancy being the only white bloke there :lol: my mum went and I had to drop her off and pick her up and it looked pretty mental. I got there a bit earlier than the time on the invitation not knowning that was really a rough estimate and the tradition is to turn up an hour or 2 late.
I attended a wedding reception in Kuwait once. I didn’t really understand the format but we went to a fancy building where all of the groom’s male relatives ate a lot.

The only embarrassment I encountered was when I chickened out of kissing hairy blokes on their cheek.

Never wore my straw hat.

Went to a Seek ( not sure if the spelling is correct) weeding in Newcastle a few years back. Absolutely brilliant occasion, really enjoyed the day and the night time. I was treated like a long lost cousin from the wider family who id never met before. Amazing day. Mind it lasted four days I think it was and I was knackered after just one day so goodness knows how they all felt after 4 days of festivities!

Last edited:
Went to a Seek ( or sure if the spelling is correct) weeding in Newcastle a few years back. Absolutely brilliant occasion, really enjoyed the day and the night time. I was treated like a long lost cousin from the wider family who id never met before. Amazing day. Mind it lasted four days I think it was and I was knackered after just one day so goodness knows how they all felt after 4 days of festivities!
I’m glad that you found it to be enjoyable m8.

Never wore my straw hat.
I went to the wedding of a Pakistani lass. Ended up dancing with her grandmother.

She knew how to throw some shapes on the dance floor, did her Peshwaari Nan!

Everyone sitting where they like. 600 people !!!
i assume you frequent this takeaway, a lot?

He calls me family.
Generally once a week :)
Sounds class
I was in the big smoke but for a less enjoyable experiance moving the oldest daughter into digs

Damn should have met up a painted the Town red and white.
I needed cheering up after that shit show Saturday.

Last edited:

Back