Benson failed medical

I have got one of them after my heart surgery 2 years ago - sticks out like something of Alien when I do any exercise and scares the life out of me if I have to lift anything heavy 😱
I’ve got an incisional hernia which developed after a liver resection - makes my kite look massive at times 😁
I’m seeing my surgeon next week to see what the options are for a repair.
Are you just leaving yours alone?

I’ve got an incisional hernia which developed after a liver resection - makes my kite look massive at times 😁
I’m seeing my surgeon next week to see what the options are for a repair.
Are you just leaving yours alone?
Went to see the surgery team a couple of months ago and they told me that I was accepted for surgery, so waiting for the call (but accept there are more important cases than me on waiting lists).

Intimated, but didn't say definitely, that it would be keyhole. Suppose it depends how big it is when they get round to operating and also how close to my current scar they need to get to!
Just had mine done on Monday. Originally said keyhole, only had to wait 8 months but by that point it was too big so had to be opened up again and mesh installed. Smarts a bit like. Good luck.

Just had mine done on Monday. Originally said keyhole, only had to wait 8 months but by that point it was too big so had to be opened up again and mesh installed. Smarts a bit like. Good luck.
Good luck in your recovery.
How long was the operation and how long were you in hospital for? What is the recovery period?

Back