CBD Osteoarthritis

Eyanthe

Midfield
Got Osteoarthritis in the hip, currently waiting for consultant appointment. Was diagnosed during Covid, had the MRI etc. Been on a couple of Codeine for last few years until recently, took them before bed. Had a recent bad dose of Athletes Foot so haven't exercised much,last time at consultants exercise was key to putting up with it. Now doing the Codeine 6 a day, cant sleep very well and think all the Codeine does is make tears when you want a shite! Feet fixed now but struggling to do 20 mins walking, sleep is toss and turn every night and I'm turning into a misery guts during the day.

Anyway been doing the Google and its telling me to see GP, apparently they won't prescribe it. Just wondering if anyone on wise SMB know anything about CBD? Try it or am I better off having a funny fag before bed?

Got Osteoarthritis in the hip, currently waiting for consultant appointment. Was diagnosed during Covid, had the MRI etc. Been on a couple of Codeine for last few years until recently, took them before bed. Had a recent bad dose of Athletes Foot so haven't exercised much,last time at consultants exercise was key to putting up with it. Now doing the Codeine 6 a day, cant sleep very well and think all the Codeine does is make tears when you want a shite! Feet fixed now but struggling to do 20 mins walking, sleep is toss and turn every night and I'm turning into a misery guts during the day.

Anyway been doing the Google and its telling me to see GP, apparently they won't prescribe it. Just wondering if anyone on wise SMB know anything about CBD? Try it or am I better off having a funny fag before bed?
With CBD you really need to do your research there is a lot of poor/weak mass marketed stuff out there

There are better informed posters than me tbh im more inclined towards THC

2nd one , might as well have a laugh, a sarnie and enjoy some dub/floyd whatever

Bought some today from Holland&Barrett, popped one and 30 mins later I'm out with the dogs. Buzzing I was then came home hurting and popped two codeine :( Gonna take one for bed, hopefully a good nights sleep ahead.

Steroid injection?
I’m guessing ortho will suggest it first if you’ve not already had a couple

Went into a few CBD factories in Europe earlier this year,the extraction methods are expensive,can you not just get a prescription from a doctor and get it posted to you?

On a positive note mate when you finally get tge hip replacement, it will be life changing.
Stick too physio 100% and you will be back to normal pain free life in know time 👍

I suffer with arthritis in my knees. I need two new knees. I e tried three types of cbd oils, rubs and they didn’t work.
In fact two of them made my knees worse.
My knees have been better over the past few weeks and I was puzzled why. Last night I realised I’d been taking one naproxen tablet a day instead of my gout tablet by mistake. They both look the same.
My son had got me the naproxen but I didn’t want to take them after reading about the possible side effects.
Anyway I’ve took about three weeks worth and my knees have been really good. Maybe it will help the OPs hip.

Holland and Barrat isn't good quality so I would try some of the others mentioned.
GP said avoid internet and buy from reputable dealer :)
I got the steroid. Bliss within 12 hours or so and onto methotrexate.
Still about 90% better than what it was…..
Mrs took that for psoriasis, fixed her then got told not to take during covid and its come back.
Steroid injection?
I’m guessing ortho will suggest it first if you’ve not already had a couple
Consultant said no.

Back