Chris Coleman OBE

Had a decent stint as Wales manager because he had a world class player in Gareth Bale..heā€™s been shite everywhere else.

Did well at Fulham didn't he?

Obviously Bale helped but Wales have had much better teams and not even qualified for major tournaments so think he still deserves credit (Southall, Speed, Rush, Giggs)

An absolute bluffer, 17 percent win ratio for us in the championship ffs.

Even with the backdrop of what was going on, that is an embarrassingly awful stat.

From his wiki: Chris Coleman (footballer) - Wikipedia

ā€œDuring the winter transfer window, Coleman was informed that club chairman Ellis Short had refused to invest any more money into player transfers, with the American businessman announcing his intentions to sell the club.[46] Joining the club for free of charge included the loan signings of Jake Clarke-Salter from Chelsea, Ovie Ejaria from Liverpool, Lee Camp from Cardiff City and Ashley Fletcher from fierce rivals Middlesbrough; Kazenga LuaLua was the only permanent transfer that window, joining from Brighton & Hove Albion on a free transfer.[46]ā€

Thereā€™s no way he was succeeding here. Short saying there would be no more money put in is akin to the captain calling ā€œ abandon ship, every man for himself.ā€ Our years of Great Escapes finally caught up with us. He personally gave me a few good shifts at the pub during the Euros and I thought that he might bring some of that here. Nope, shows what I know. Whatever he ends up doing Iā€™ll wish him well. No ill will from me.

I wonder if heā€™ll set Ireland up with eight defenders as he did with us.

Another appointment made on impressions and reputation, not results, just like when Bain gave him our job.
he had coime off what looked like excellen managerial work with wales..

but that was mostly gareth bale carrying the team..

Back