Completely random SAFC stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but its back in the dark ages 100 years ago or so........we were one of the last british clubs to do it before the Scum and Shearer.............
Warney Cresswell, whom we bought from South Shields for a world record £5500 ( :lol: ) in roughly 1925±3, is one of only I think three sets of brothers (badly worded but you know what I mean before you start) to play together in the league for Sunderland.

His knees were also on the wrong way round

That's gone up by about 50,000 since I first heard about it

According to Wiki: I wasnt there…

Around the turn of the 20th century, the rivalry began to emerge. The 1901 Good Friday encounter, late in the 1900–01 seasonat St James' Park had to be abandoned as up to 120,000 fans made their way into a ground which then had a capacity of 30,000. The news was met with anger, and rioting followed, with a number of fans injured.

Cheers Hank, I wasn't so far out after all :) He called his son Corbett!! :lol:

The Hugheses were one of the other pair of brothers to take the field together for us, anybody know the third set. There are plenty of others that were on our books but never actually played together, such as Marco and Ricardo.

I might be wrong, but i'm sure we were the first team to win a professional English league after losing their first 4 games. The year we came up under Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back