Could the Labour Party be a spent force?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Bog

Midfield
Given that the devolution of more powers to the Scots may involve Scottish MP's agreeing to forgoing their vote on English issues in Westminster see a reduction in the powers of the Labour Party, as Labour rely heavily on Scottish Labour MP's to carry their side of the vote?

Moreover, the Labour Party are advocating that equal powers To those of the Scots for the English, Welsh and Northern Irish should not be considered until after the next General election.

Who the fuck is going to vote for them?

It would bother me if Labour actually stood for traditional Labour values, as opposed to Tory Blairs amended version. At this point the only thing that can save us is a modern day Guy Fawkes.

Alex Salmond has just summed it up much better than me on the news!

It would bother me if Labour actually stood for traditional Labour values, as opposed to Tory Blairs amended version. At this point the only thing that can save us is a modern day Guy Fawkes.

Aye cos pre Blair the Labour party was sweeping the polls in the 80's and 90's

I am of the left of the political spectrum myself but the further left the Labour party go the less popular they become nationwide

Labour were a spent force once that absolute wanker Blair took over. At least with Kinnock you could see traditional policies that actually made a bit of sense.

Given that the devolution of more powers to the Scots may involve Scottish MP's agreeing to forgoing their vote on English issues in Westminster see a reduction in the powers of the Labour Party, as Labour rely heavily on Scottish Labour MP's to carry their side of the vote?

Moreover, the Labour Party are advocating that equal powers To those of the Scots for the English, Welsh and Northern Irish should not be considered until after the next General election.

Who the fuck is going to vote for them?
Me, for one.

Labour were a spent force once that absolute wanker Blair took over. At least with Kinnock you could see traditional policies that actually made a bit of sense.
That makes zero sense mate.

Aye cos pre Blair the Labour party was sweeping the polls in the 80's and 90's

I am of the left of the political spectrum myself but the further left the Labour party go the less popular they become nationwide

I don't think it's a case of going more left, more right or more central. The political landscape is more complex than that. I think the problem is the two big parties are drawn along traditional battle lines when that doesn't work any more - it's turned into a game of tit for tat soundbites as the electorate gets more restless.

I think both the Tories and Labour have got work to do or things could start going quite awry for them. Economically I don't think either of them stand up any more.

Me, for one.

That makes zero sense mate.

Sorry, reading it again , you're right. I meant Labour were a force and genuine group with decent policies until Kinnock and then when Blair took over, Labour turned into an organisation that were more capitalist and fascist than Maggie ever was.

Sorry, reading it again , you're right. I meant Labour were a force and genuine group with decent policies until Kinnock and then when Blair took over, Labour turned into an organisation that were more capitalist and fascist than Maggie ever was.

I must have fallen asleep during the news when they announced that Labour were shutting the mines.

Seriously though, how can you believe Blair was right of Thatcher?

I don't think it's a case of going more left, more right or more central. The political landscape is more complex than that. I think the problem is the two big parties are drawn along traditional battle lines when that doesn't work any more - it's turned into a game of tit for tat soundbites as the electorate gets more restless.

I think both the Tories and Labour have got work to do or things could start going quite awry for them. Economically I don't think either of them stand up any more.

I think Labour and Tories are bothing fighting over the same say 5 million 'middle England' voters whist trying to keep there traditional bases happy

In the past both parties have known no matter how much there traditional bases have twisted they will still vote for them. As I think you elude to that may change, at the present time more worrying for the Tories as they have UKIP. I dont think the Lib dems are a threat to Labour this time round seen as though they hoyed there lot in with the Tories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back