Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was doing well until recently, I fell out with my best friend because I lent her money and it became clear she wasnt making any effort to pay me back, a friend before that did the same. So its made me think no-one wants to be friends with me only take advantage of me. Certainly zero chance of getting a girlfriend. I also missed out on college because I had no confidence in even applying.

probably less of a case of depression more a case for 'man up' but I dont have a single thing going for me so I dont see the point.
You can still apply til October or something man. Get applying now. The blart will be class.

I've had the money thing happen to me before. Write a letter giving them one week to pay then go to small claims. Clearly not a friend so no loss either way.
Also, bloody learn finances and friends don't mix. Don't loan more than you'd be OK to give them

Fella down the road says he's got depression, he's persuaded the GP to sign him off because he's got depression, his marriage is bust (completely his fault, cant keep his cock in his pants) and he says this is depressing him. He's 50 and got a back problem (which doesn't stop him doing anything he wants to if he feels like it) and this depresses him. There is more but I'll spare you. He's all over Facebook yakking on about his depression and how people who haven't had it don't understand.

Scuse me pal but I think you have an advanced case of feeling sorry for yourself, not depression....there's a difference. I kind of fancy those with proper depression don't run up and down the street telling all and sundry about it.

Or am I a cynic?

a massive cynic. you should never judge anyone on this issue, in my opinion

I have gone again

Stick in there, it's only a moment in time and it will pass, it always does, it's hard to see at the time, but we live in a moment, we just never pay much attention to the better moments, and then bad ones take the opportunity to barge in an steal the limelight. Whatever your thinking its just a thought, that's all it its. Hope tomorrow is better for you mate.

Fella down the road says he's got depression, he's persuaded the GP to sign him off because he's got depression, his marriage is bust (completely his fault, cant keep his cock in his pants) and he says this is depressing him. He's 50 and got a back problem (which doesn't stop him doing anything he wants to if he feels like it) and this depresses him. There is more but I'll spare you. He's all over Facebook yakking on about his depression and how people who haven't had it don't understand.

Scuse me pal but I think you have an advanced case of feeling sorry for yourself, not depression....there's a difference. I kind of fancy those with proper depression don't run up and down the street telling all and sundry about it.

Or am I a cynic?

Got him sussed Alan, and sussed properly.

I've never had depression but I've had people worry about me and then openly question how I can just carry on like im some kind of emotionally retarted fuckwit.

At 15 I lost my mam to cancer, at 16 I had an accident and damaged my spinal cord at L1 which meant I have to walk with crutches for rest of life and more than likely end up in a wheelchair eventually. At 20 my fiance died. She was 21.

I think about these things everyday, sometimes I cry, sometimes I rage but most if the time I just crack on. This is just 'life'. It's what happens. Sometimes it pisses me off when I hear people say 'im depressed'. I think why, what the fuck do you have to be depressed about.

But then I think, well I suppose everybody deals with things differently and it's how you are brought up. My Dad was always 'just deal with it'.

Maybe this is just storing it all up for later and eventually I'll just come crashing down. Who knows?

I've never had depression but I've had people worry about me and then openly question how I can just carry on like im some kind of emotionally retarted fuckwit.

At 15 I lost my mam to cancer, at 16 I had an accident and damaged my spinal cord at L1 which meant I have to walk with crutches for rest of life and more than likely end up in a wheelchair eventually. At 20 my fiance died. She was 21.

I think about these things everyday, sometimes I cry, sometimes I rage but most if the time I just crack on. This is just 'life'. It's what happens. Sometimes it pisses me off when I hear people say 'im depressed'. I think why, what the fuck do you have to be depressed about.

But then I think, well I suppose everybody deals with things differently and it's how you are brought up. My Dad was always 'just deal with it'.

Maybe this is just storing it all up for later and eventually I'll just come crashing down. Who knows?

Jesus, marra! I don't know what to say, but you're welcome to PM me, if you ever need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back