Digital Ticket system seeing a lot of tickets going to waste

It’s a bit dismaying reading some of the comments from those that are obviously much more proficient with technology than others, don’t these people have parents or grandparents which I can guarantee won’t be as capable as them with technology, no compassion or understanding of other people’s needs and requirements.
I wonder if they’ll still be around in 20, 30,40 or 50 years time following the club to find they’re being isolated .

It’s a bit dismaying reading some of the comments from those that are obviously much more proficient with technology than others, don’t these people have parents or grandparents which I can guarantee won’t be as capable as them with technology, no compassion or understanding of other people’s needs and requirements.
I wonder if they’ll still be around in 20, 30,40 or 50 years time following the club to find they’re being isolated .
It's sad mate, should they been deemed a lesser fan because they don't have a bloody smartphone? Or there money no good because they don't want to put their lives on a smartphone?. It's madness, always should be inclusive.

Agree, some will say it's easier it possible is if you have them all in your network etc. nowt easier than handing your card to a mate though.
The club and the scuffers prefer you to use the digital system as you can be identified if you cause trouble!A card can be anonymous and thats an anathema to modern commerce and digital surveillance!

Tell that to the old folk, disabled or computer illiterate which is a large section of our support.

Most tickets go to someone else in the family, friends or people on your supporters bus so you see them anyway. So there's literally nothing easier than giving a physical ticket.

Your argument is for a very specific use case of 'you', not the fans as a whole
So disabled folks can't use mobiles? 🤔

My sister's mate has three season tickets, two adults and one kids. They can't make it today so have offered them to my sister. Her, my nephew and my mam were going to go. This was before they were unable to transfer the child ticket to my nephew because the online system says you can't transfer a child ticket to an adult (my nephew is 10 and all of his details are correct). And of course they are unable to actually speak to anyone at the club.

We also had to set up an online account for my 75 year old mam who isn't great with technology and download Google Wallet so she could get one of the tickets.

But aye, this is much easier and better than passing a plastic card around.

The club and the scuffers prefer you to use the digital system as you can be identified if you cause trouble!A card can be anonymous and thats an anathema to modern commerce and digital surveillance!
Don't talk shite. If you've used a card to get in and get into bother you'll still be identified and banned. If you've given your card to someone else then it's still you that's liable for their behaviour.

Who would want to go anyway :lol:

Same problem yesterday as previously, my lass went with the bairn. All in the same network, I can't share his ticket with her. Had to get a paper replacement printed at the ticket office, large queue as well.

My mate has macular degeneration in both eyes and is also waiting for cataract removal op's. She kept her season card this season as it's easier for her as she struggles to see what's on her phone screen. She's been told that next season she won't be able to have a physical card and will have to use the digital option on her phone. She can't bloody see her phone, and no matter how we tried to explain this to the ticket office staff they were adamant she can't have a card next season. I'll have to take her phone and do it all for her but ffs in this day and age we're supposed to be enabling people, not making things worse for supporters with disabilities.

Don't talk shite. If you've used a card to get in and get into bother you'll still be identified and banned. If you've given your card to someone else then it's still you that's liable for their behaviour.
No need to be rude you dipshit ;) yes you may be liable for the behaviour of the person you gave he card to ..thats the fekking point you dweeb..also the person you gave the card o might give it to someone else and you get the fekking blame !The digital system has much better traceability and that's why the scuffers and the club like it¬!shite my arse!!

No need to be rude you dipshit ;) yes you may be liable for the behaviour of the person you gave he card to ..thats the fekking point you dweeb..also the person you gave the card o might give it to someone else and you get the fekking blame !The digital system has much better traceability and that's why the scuffers and the club like it¬!shite my arse!!
There is literally no difference between scanning in with a card or a digital ticket in this respect. The club will still have all the card holders details you weapon.

My mate has macular degeneration in both eyes and is also waiting for cataract removal op's. She kept her season card this season as it's easier for her as she struggles to see what's on her phone screen. She's been told that next season she won't be able to have a physical card and will have to use the digital option on her phone. She can't bloody see her phone, and no matter how we tried to explain this to the ticket office staff they were adamant she can't have a card next season. I'll have to take her phone and do it all for her but ffs in this day and age we're supposed to be enabling people, not making things worse for supporters with disabilities.
email [email protected]

the ticket office general manager, i've had this out with him recently, no way should the ticket office staff be saying this... it absolutely untrue and he told me 100% that there will be a 'digitial ticket alternative' and that the ticket office staff have been instructed to assure people that there will be an alternative

this club makes me f***ing sick

Even for those who are tech savy - the transferring system is a total fart on.

Have to add the person to your network, allow sharing permissions, they then have to, then send them the ticket then they have to accept it.

Very hard to do on a phone too due to the site being awful.

Far too clunky and shite. Doesn't shock me that loads don't bother passing them on when they can't make a game.

Have to add the person to your network, allow sharing permissions, they then have to, then send them the ticket then they have to accept it.

Far too clunky and shite. Doesn't shock me that loads don't bother passing them on when they can't make a game.

its fine if you know well in advance and have time to do it on a laptop, text the person recieving it to check.. and them go on and accept it etc..

stood in a busy pub at 2.15pm on a saturday when your mate turns up who hasn't got an account and yous are both stood there like dickheads on your phone trying to transfer it with no 5g signal.

thats why we need both systems

There is literally no difference between scanning in with a card or a digital ticket in this respect. The club will still have all the card holders details you weapon.

Yes there is. The difference is, with digital you have to pass it onto a person with an account. So the club know both who passed it on, and who it's been passed onto. With a card, they only know the card holder. Obviously there's the loophole if screenshotting QR codes that the club deny even exist.

Happened to me yesterday, tried to upgrade my dads (oap) tkt to me, £7 upgrade, no probs. The site kept resetting to basket would not accept my 2 cards. Tried to phone tkt helpline, not open on matchdays! Wtf! No answer to email, tkt wasted. Has to be easier to share.

There is but im not sure if you are unwilling or unable to comprehend this?..I havent got the time or the inclination to explain how a digital footprint marks you in society!we will just agree to differ and have a nice day!

There is but im not sure if you are unwilling or unable to comprehend this?..I havent got the time or the inclination to explain how a digital footprint marks you in society!we will just agree to differ and have a nice day!
Ah you're one of those mentalists. Explains a lot.

Back