Do you celebrate Christmas?

Was wondering what peoples take is on the 25th December? Do you celebrate with traditions such as exchanging gifts, going to church, getting together with family for a big dinner and too much booze?

Maybe some folk now give it a swerve down to the Church and its role in UK society, or maybe some are disgusted at how Christmas is too much about corporations exploiting a holiday to increase profits, or people being greedy and glutenous when others have so little? If you don't celebrate Christmas, what do you do on the 25th?

PS. Not sure how to set up a poll

Last edited:

Because of work and family living away we don't really celebrate the 25th, we have lots of little events through the winter months to get us through to spring and sunshine?

Was wondering what peoples take is on the 25th December? Do you celebrate with traditions such as exchanging gifts, going to church, getting together with family for a big dinner and too much booze?

Maybe some folk now give it a swerve down to the Church and its role in UK society, or maybe some are disgusted at how Christmas is too much about corporations exploiting a holiday to increase profits, or people being greedy and glutenous when others have so little? If you don't celebrate Christmas, what do you do on the 25th?

PS. Not sure how to set up a poll
I do pretty much the first paragraph, bar church. 2 weeks off every year too, starting the Friday before Christmas.

Love it all.😎🎉🎉

No. Havent since the kids left home. No tree or decorations. No Xmas dinner.

Im atheist and live alone. This year I'm dog sitting while offspring is working 11hr shift. Were having curry when dogs are collected.

I do give presents to my 2 kids. Cash. And send cards out to around 5/6 people.

Xmas is all about bairns and the myth of Santa Claus, I accept and love that. The rest is commercial bollox, as is the bible.

No church but I do take time when I wake up to remember the people I wish I could still celebrate it with.
Nope........... Causes the poor to spend too much and therefore become even poorer, thus bringing about further Troubles all in the name of perceived Jollity 👼
Away man. How can poor people spend money at Christmas. Where does it come from.

Last edited:
Christmas carols in the square before a carp dinner on the 24th, couple of small presents under the tree from baby jesus on the night for the kids

25th santys been if they've been good, bacon buttys for breakfast, full turkey and trimmings with a shit load of booze for dinner - afternoon dozing watching the kids play with their presents

Every other year I spend it alone, missus works and the Daughter only comes up every other year, other family all go on holiday. This is that alone year, so I have bought a flesh light.
Had to google that. Now throwing phone away.
Christmas carols in the square before a carp dinner on the 24th, couple of small presents under the tree from baby jesus on the night for the kids

25th santys been if they've been good, bacon buttys for breakfast, full turkey and trimmings with a shit load of booze for dinner - afternoon dozing watching the kids play with their presents
Does the carp always get eaten on the 24th?

Back