Drinks Markup - Absolute rip off

Keawyeds

Striker
Been for a decent meal out this lunchtime. Doubt any of you have ever been, but it was Chef and Brewer pub near Chorley.
Food was decent to be fair, but I nearly lost my shit when the bill came.
£12.44 for TWO pints of Ice Breaker.
Absolutely f***ing livid.

I picked that as I thought, that will be ok, probably not too expensive. I didn't fancy a Madri and I thought I'd get fleeced for Neck Oil so I went for that.
Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw. I had no idea it was going to be that much!

I can't remember when I last willingly spent that much on a pint. Maybe £5 when I've had a Neck Oil at my local, but that's absolutely insane.
Soft drinks can be a really bad mark up, but for that much I'd want to leave with the bastard glass.

Anyone else been robbed blind by farcical drinks prices recently?

Been for a decent meal out this lunchtime. Doubt any of you have ever been, but it was Chef and Brewer pub near Chorley.

I picked that as I thought, that will be ok, probably not too expensive. I didn't fancy a Madri and I thought I'd get fleeced for Neck Oil so I went for that.
Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw. I had no idea it was going to be that much!

I can't remember when I last willingly spent that much on a pint. Maybe £5 when I've had a Neck Oil at my local, but that's absolutely insane.
Soft drinks can be a really bad mark up, but for that much I'd want to leave with the bastard glass.

It’s a while since I have seen a quality rant on the SMB. £6.22 for a pint anywhere in Chorley is a disgrace though.

Think neck oil is 6 quid in my local like

It’s a while since I have seen a quality rant on the SMB. £6.22 for a pint anywhere in Chorley is a disgrace though.

Malthouse Farm if you're wondering. Not been in absolutely ages, but that was ridiculous
Think neck oil is 6 quid in my local like

I imagine it is, but at least I know that'll be expensive so I wouldn't necessarily go for it when I'm out. I thought it might be the thick end of £4 but over £6 is ridiculous

Last edited:

Back