Easter 2024

The Easter masses are the best as you get comedy audience participation and make palm crosses etc

I'll not be going.... think I will eat a tonne of eggs

My favourite used to be the small Smartie egg head ones but they don't do them anymore

Went through a phase of getting those 3' Italian Deli eggs

Mini eggs are topper

The Easter masses are the best as you get comedy audience participation and make palm crosses etc

I'll not be going.... think I will eat a tonne of eggs

My favourite used to be the small Smartie egg head ones but they don't do them anymore

Went through a phase of getting those 3' Italian Deli eggs

Mini eggs are topper
119g small/medium you can still get, how many grams were the small one?

I plane to skip easter festivities my sister loves to cook with garlic i can not stand it so will pay and take my dad out for a roast next week after easter prices are gone

As much as I like 2 extra days off, I wish they would just fix the dates in the back end of April where there's a decent chance of good weather.
12C and rain showers seems to be forecast this year.

Next year its 4 weeks later which is miles more likely to be a nice weekend. Plus we're probably going to go somewhere on holiday where the weather will be genuinely hot and we'll be able to swim etc.
Don't hate it as it's 4 days off work but the religious bits mean nothing to me. Haven't bought any special food but I may get some eggs next week if they are on sale. Not paying full price for them.
Spending the weekend redecorating the bathroom and spare bedroom.
Bear in mind Easter existed before Christianity as simply the spring equinox festival, just as Christmas was the mid-winter

Yeah, we've got a ton of decorating to do this weekend anarl. FFS

Last edited:
As much as I like 2 extra days off, I wish they would just fix the dates in the back end of April where there's a decent chance of good weather.
12C and rain showers seems to be forecast this year.

Next year its 4 weeks later which is miles more likely to be a nice weekend. Plus we're probably going to go somewhere on holiday where the weather will be genuinely hot and we'll be able to swim etc.
Why do they keep changing it, at school it used to be end of April and warmer days and then May bank holiday Mondays would follow for more time off

I’ll be doing absolutely nothing except chilling out, I’m sure the Mrs will get some eggs and stuff but is my first full weekend at home in months so I’ll relax with the kids n Mrs, eat chocolate and watch telly all weekend!

Last edited:
Why do they keep changing it, at school it used to be end of April and warmer days and then May bank holiday Mondays would follow for more time off
Its something like 8 days after the first full moon after the spring equinox, or some bollocks like that.
Also to do with deliberately making sure Passover and Easter don't fall on the same day.

Funny though, Passover and Easter both have very similar origins as words.

Are you for real? When you were at school (making Easter chicks) you think the dates for it were fixed in the calendar and it's only changed since you reached adulthood?

Back