Energy Bills

All a game of brinkmanship, take a deal or gamble, fuel prices may lower or they may ramp up massively as Europe starts to scramble for the winter as the Russians continue to act like twats and companies no doubt make billions off the back of it. Could well be the govt has to shell out again if the prices go nuts again. Log burner will be on overtime again this winter again I suspect

Just had email from EDF, “good news your tariff is going down next year, but we are increasing daily standard charge”
They say tariff reduction is about £160 for year for Elec and Gas but doesnt say what new daily charge is.

Try Octopus they have a couple of deals at the moment.
Yep I can vouch for these. Just had an email off them this morning to say they’re reducing my monthly bill from £145 to £122 due to the cap being lowered. They took it from £190 to the £145 just a few months back and now they’ve lowered it again.

Just had email from EDF, “good news your tariff is going down next year, but we are increasing daily standard charge”
They say tariff reduction is about £160 for year for Elec and Gas but doesnt say what new daily charge is.
I got the same from Shell. Really taking the piss with the standing charges. Not be long before I'll just be leaving things on all the time that I used to turn off, as it'll not cost me much extra.

Didn't realise Ovo had messaged me, bills coming down and they aren't increasing the standing charges.

Back