F1 2024

Well that was crazy

laps deleted, reinstated, drivers going off all over, Lewis on pole then not on pole.

You’ve got to love a bit of rain!

That’s very controversial - so due to bad conditions they skip the rule for Norris as he got no advantage. Others can argue that instead they were slower as they didn’t take the risk that Norris did. Hmmm.

That’s very controversial - so due to bad conditions they skip the rule for Norris as he got no advantage. Others can argue that instead they were slower as they didn’t take the risk that Norris did. Hmmm.
Even in dry conditions he wouldn't have gained no advantage. They have gravel on the edge of the last corner so impossible to go faster by going wide.

How could they argue that? Lando had that lap deleted then was slower going into the last lap.

Even in dry conditions he wouldn't have gained no advantage. They have gravel on the edge of the last corner so impossible to go faster by going wide.

Yes absolutely- however there is a rule and others can argue they took less risk as an off would cost them two laps - they could have tried harder on one, risking going off then been more careful on the next but they could argue they didn’t to stick to the rules.

The rules have always been if you go off at the last corner you lose current and next lap. If track limits are monitored on a corner it doesn’t matter if you gain an advantage or not
Don't know the exact wording of the rules but surely it says somewhere that you have to gain an advantage. His first 2 sectors on his fastest lap were yellow so by going off it made him slower.

Brilliant entertainment! Love seeing drivers really pushed to the limit like that. Shame the Sprint is 4am tomorrow, as I really fancy watching it! :confused:

Nah that seems fair enough if you’re talking about Lando. He went into the gravel on the last corner so compromised his next lap instead of gaining an advantage.
I agree he didn’t gain an advantage and common sense means it should stand but I thought the rules were pretty clear if you go off at the last corner it’s just automatic

The rules have always been if you go off at the last corner you lose current and next lap. If track limits are monitored on a corner it doesn’t matter if you gain an advantage or not
Has to be some discretion in the rules surely to allow for common sense decisions like this though. That rule is there because 99% of the time you will be gaining an advantage from going outside of track limits - this clearly wasn’t the case here.

Don't know the exact wording of the rules but surely it says somewhere that you have to gain an advantage. His first 2 sectors on his fastest lap were yellow so by going off it made him slower.
Yeah my only argument is what the rules say. Can stewards choose to overrule the rules and simply add the lap back in

Back