FA looking to tackle sexist chanting

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 35145

Sexist chanting must be tackled says FA after 'horrible' footage
The Football Association is calling on fans to report sexist abuse after being shown disturbing scenes of women officials and staff being subjected to obscene chants.

Footage obtained by the BBC shows Chelsea's female medic Dr Eva Carneiro and assistant referee Helen Byrne suffering taunts during recent games.

FA board member Heather Rabbatts described the abuse as "horrible".

She said it should not be tolerated, adding: "We are absolutely encouraging people to report incidents like this."

The footage was taken at Chelsea matches against Manchester City and Manchester United, and at a game between Doncaster Rovers and Bristol City.

This season, 25 match-day incidents of sexist abuse have been reported to anti-discrimination campaign group Kick It Out and equality group Women in Football (WiF), after just two complaints in the whole of last season.

But a lack of evidence means no club or fan has ever been punished by football's governing bodies.

Manchester City admitted "a breakdown in communication" meant "the usual investigation process was not followed".

The club added: "A new specific guidance on sexist abuse was introduced from the very next game and a new training programme implemented."

Manchester United said: "No complaint was made at the time, so any feedback of this nature made after the event has to be referred to the police, which the club did within 24 hours."

The Football Supporters Federation said it "doesn't receive many complaints in relation to sexist chanting at games, although that isn't to say it doesn't happen".

About time this was stamped out.

Too often you hear utter arseholes making derogatory gender based comments at the match, and all too often they will be surrounded by witless sychophants who find it amusing.

These scumbags need to be eradicated from the game.

Football is going all upper class, I think nothing of swearing our sexism I hear by people around me, it's a football match were passion runs high.

f***ing sluts.
@CraigyLee

Football is going all upper class, I think nothing of swearing our sexism I hear by people around me, it's a football match were passion runs high.

Ha'way man don't talk shit, it's not a f***ing class issue at all.

You always get a few idiots with an type of prejudice but sexism does seem to be more 'acceptable' than most others.

About time this was stamped out.

Too often you hear utter arseholes making derogatory gender based comments at the match, and all too often they will be surrounded by witless sychophants who find it amusing.

These scumbags need to be eradicated from the game.
Get a life cock womble, it's banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back