Food banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old mate has packed in working at the food bank as it has been taken over by immigrants, who make no checks on their brother or sister and who sell this produce on at bootsales.
He wonders how they afford insurance on their Audis and mercs that they turn up in

My old mate has packed in working at the food bank as it has been taken over by immigrants, who make no checks on their brother or sister and who sell this produce on at bootsales.
He wonders how they afford insurance on their Audis and mercs that they turn up in

Good on you for digging up an old thread to post this drivel in, instead of starting a new one.

This may have already been mentioned but life isn't as simple for some.
Iam self employed and at the minute business is shit in the last three months I've took home a wage for four weeks.
That's been the case for the last 18 months our lass has had to take extra hours at work if they weren't available we would be fucked.
Luckily we haven't had to ask for help from a food bank but family have helped neither of us smoke.
The last time we were out on the drink was June last year maybe you should stop believing what the government and media want you to believe.
Not everyone on benefits or using foodbanks is a scrounger

If you're earning enough, you'll be able to eat, if not, you'll get benefits to ensure you can eat. Unless you're stupid, or one of the poor sods they put sanctions on for no reason, but there shouldn't be a million of them!

As for the last sentence, I haven't suggested they are, I'm one of them after all and I don't consider myself to be a scrounger.

If you're earning enough, you'll be able to eat, if not, you'll get benefits to ensure you can eat. Unless you're stupid, or one of the poor sods they put sanctions on for no reason, but there shouldn't be a million of them!

As for the last sentence, I haven't suggested they are, I'm one of them after all and I don't consider myself to be a scrounger.
I get no benefits Iam far from stupid when ever the subject of benefits comes up you generalise and assume everyone is scrounging.
At the moment I would be better of splitting from our lass and claiming jsa. But couldn't do either I will just have to see if business improves.

I get no benefits Iam far from stupid when ever the subject of benefits comes up you generalise and assume everyone is scrounging.
At the moment I would be better of splitting from our lass and claiming jsa. But couldn't do either I will just have to see if business improves.

Not true, as a benefit claimant myself, that would be a bit stupid wouldn't it?

If you're not able to claim benefits at the moment, you must earn enough to eat already.

If I was struggling to feed my kids I would resort to anything. Stopping smoking would be the first thing I'd do.

Yep, smoking, alcohol, premium tv subscription etc would all come below food on my family priority list.

I wouldn't expect handouts if I spent my handouts on other things and then went looking for free food.

Obviously I've got sympathy for those with undue sanctions etc but surely they must be a tiny proportion of the numbers mentioned.

Some good posts here.
We should be explaining to people priorities
1) Food and water
2) Shelter - warmth
3) Sky telly, A car, booze and fags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back