Forthcoming gigs.

Gaslight Anthem at the Roundhouse last night sensational. Bit of a wobble with the tickets as they have a policy of only sending them 2 hours before the show. Apparently import from ticket provider didn’t work properly so loads got wrong tickets. Worked out ok in the end as they had to give us a ’proper’ ticket.
Icicle Works/Big country next, first visit to fire station. Two new venues in a week.

Saw them over in Utrecht a few weeks back. Tremendous band.

Yeah that looks class, I'd love to get steaming and embarrass myself but unfortunately we've got a newborn to look after so I'll have to give it a swerve. :lol:

Would have been doable if I wasn't trekking around the country to see Springsteen earlier in the month.
Understandable. Think my mate has a spare for King Gizzard at the same venue two nights later, I don't know much about them as I can't keep up with their ridiculous output but I suspect I may well be embarrassing myself that weekend.

I'm pondering The Stairs on Friday at Cluny. I've put myself off seeing bands that I saw 'back in the day' but have done nothing for ages. I swerved The Real People for the same reason and maybe Echobelly in May. I'm not sure whether I'm doing myself out of a decent evening's entertainment for the sake of preserving a memory/being dissappointed.

I'm pondering The Stairs on Friday at Cluny. I've put myself off seeing bands that I saw 'back in the day' but have done nothing for ages. I swerved The Real People for the same reason and maybe Echobelly in May. I'm not sure whether I'm doing myself out of a decent evening's entertainment for the sake of preserving a memory/being dissappointed.
Saw The Stairs in London last Friday and thought they were brilliant
James Skelly and Nick Power talking about the making of the first Coral M.P. at the Union Chapel in London on Saturday, I think they are simging a few tunes too.

James Skelly and Nick Power talking about the making of the first Coral M.P. at the Union Chapel in London on Saturday, I think they are simging a few tunes too.

Last edited:
I went to the James Skelly thing in Yarm. Was canny. They do a bit talking then do 2/3 acoustic songs.

I’m assuming they’ve got too many books left (bought one) as the tour finished then nee dates seemed to pop back up. They must have been doing it for about 18 months now.

Who turned out for Sunn O))) then :D :lol:
Me - ears are still ringing despite my filtered ear plugs and all of my internal organs are still vibrating. I was in the photo pit and I have to say, it was the most challenging shoot I`ve ever done - it made the Sisters of Mercy look like KISS in terms of stage lighting - very atmospheric though - not sure about the "music".

Me - ears are still ringing despite my filtered ear plugs and all of my internal organs are still vibrating. I was in the photo pit and I have to say, it was the most challenging shoot I`ve ever done - it made the Sisters of Mercy look like KISS in terms of stage lighting - very atmospheric though - not sure about the "music".
Stick a couple of your photos up like.

Pendulum were phenomenal the other night in Leeds. Class crowd and almost my perfect set list.

Hives for me tonight as well. Always liked some of their songs but never gave their albums a proper listen. Saw them at a festival in Madrid in 2019 and they were excellent so hoping for more of the same tonight.

Back