Golf 2024 official thread

Same as always folks post your hopes, the courses you want to play, your aims for the year and any other shite. My hopes last year was to break 80 and I did it 3 times omg I was so happy. This year for me is to break 78 Lola

Main aim for year is not to snap a driver! 😉

Had a class 9 holes yesterday but had to shoot off. My best scores seem to come in shite conditions!

I haven't been able to play since July thanks to a medical problem that left me unable to do anything for the second half of the year, so if I can get a full year of playing reasonably regularly I'll be happy.

Both my boys started playing in the early part of last year as well, so I'm hoping for a few rounds with them.

Aim to shoot under 80 just once. Closest I got was an 83.
Ticked off the hole-in-one last year as well.
Looking forward to playing a few opens again and a week away with the lads golfing in the Algarve in September

My lower back is sore after swinging. Must say 'no' to the other half ..........;)

I haven't swung a club since October, hopefully I can play this year pain free. Otherwise I will withhold my golf membership.

i'm a member at South Shields as of today as sick of my local course being closed. and they seem to be open most the year. hoping to start playing regularly again from this weekend as not played much over the last 3/4 months due to an operation on my hand

few trips away with the lads including Portugal in September to look forward to

Wanting to play more this year, barely get on the course due to family work etc but same time that's not a massive excuse as you can make time. Throw in the gym also for that one :lol:

In reality been working on some stuff after a lesson with Kev up at sharply and going to invest in some new irons as mine are from 2001 so I am well overdue an investment. Any recommendations to go somewhere to be fitted or similar?
i'm a member at South Shields as of today as sick of my local course being closed. and they seem to be open most the year. hoping to start playing regularly again from this weekend as not played much over the last 3/4 months due to an operation on my hand

few trips away with the lads including Portugal in September to look forward to
Portugal for golf on thr bucket list mind, would be tremendous that. Many of yous going?

My lower back is sore after swinging. Must say 'no' to the other half ..........;)

I haven't swung a club since October, hopefully I can play this year pain free. Otherwise I will withhold my golf membership.
Mate which weekend are yous doing hollins hall this year?

Post should say break 80 ffs 😂

anyway geared t]up for first rd of year today and 6 holes closed at the filly, very unusual, rain must be f***ing loads of courses as they usually only have 7/8th closed.
could have went to sharpley but couldn’t be arsed.

I want to be a consistent 10 handicap, currently average low 80's with a very occasional sub 80 but some fairly regular blow ups.

Post should say break 80 ffs 😂

anyway geared t]up for first rd of year today and 6 holes closed at the filly, very unusual, rain must be f***ing loads of courses as they usually only have 7/8th closed.
could have went to sharpley but couldn’t be arsed.
When i rang seaham sbout my shaft (fnsr fnar) other day course was closed like.

Ours never dhuts but its in a right mess.

Tell a lie actuslly they shut it around 22nd due to gale force winds but let me on. Pretty tragic that actually! 😂

Get out playing with my mate again for starters with a few visits to the range in between.

Rather than getting a membership we’re just going to play a different course each time. Means scores won’t get drastically better but more enjoyable getting to places we haven’t been. I’ll keep an eye out on the GolfNow app for deals.

Got to include Embleton and Seahouses at some point. Those coastal courses look solid but beautiful at the same time.

Looking forward to getting back to playing after having over a year out. Not sure if I join a club or wing it and go play a different course every week or so. Lessons I've been having along with all the practice looks and feels to be working, just want to get out and play now.

Back