Government Chief Scientific Adviser

Referred to Sunak, our PM, as 'Doctor Death' for his approach during Covid. 'Eat out to help out'.

14 pagedls for 3 weeks by the Daily Mail on Starmer eating a meal. Any coverage on this?

Staggering....the Covid enquiry should drum out the Tories forever.

Mods, if an existing thread please merge. Could not see one.

I suspect this will get bumped into the politics forum or Covid sub forum - if that still exists.

You're point still stands.

I suspect this will get bumped into the politics forum or Covid sub forum - if that still exists.

Suppose it is politics...although the point is that the Government Chief Scientific Advisor is not political. That's why this is staggering but will be swept under carpet by media as usual.

Suppose it is politics...although the point is that the Government Chief Scientific Advisor is not political. That's why this is staggering but will be swept under carpet by media as usual.
The economy is more important to the government than people.

Specifically the tories will prop up the economy when it suits them/their donors/spivs with their hands in the trough. E.g. PPE contracts.

The DHSC would end up spending £12bn on PPE, much of it acquired via the “VIP” lane, which prioritised contracts for companies recommended by MPs, peers and other politically connected people.

Last edited:
Referred to Sunak, our PM, as 'Doctor Death' for his approach during Covid. 'Eat out to help out'.

14 pages for 3 weeks by the Daily Mail on Starmer eating a meal. Any coverage on this?

Please tell us what would any other party have done any different?

God don't start then off by hoying it up there mods

They spent about 3 days on the Labour Party conference thread arguing about lockdowns and missed most of the actual conference I think

14 pages for 3 weeks by the Daily Mail on Starmer eating a meal. Any coverage on this?

Do we think that the lockdowns should have been harder and longer then? And if so, who was paying for them? We've already decided that doctors on £80k shouldn't, but who should?

He done the right thing as the country was going crazy and businesses where on their knees .

A balance had to be struck yet the Furlough/ WFH lot wanted this all to last as long as possible.
Not per the present Government Chief Scientific Adviser. Do you have more knowledge of respiratory illnesses and outbreaks than her and how they spread?

I'd read the actual comments.
Well thats not much of an answer! Seems to be difficult if you can't say what.
What Sunak did was the problem. Not difficult to get your head around it. He ignored advice.

Last edited:
Not per the present Government Chief Scientific Adviser. Do you have more knowledge of respiratory illnesses and outbreaks than her and how they spread?

I'd read the actual comments.

What Sunak did was the problem. Not difficult to get your head around it. He

Again, Labour supported the policy though they would not neccessarily have access to the same advice that the government did.

In terms of the actual impact...

One study estimates that it did cause extra Covid cases, but it is uncertain, and often misunderstood

So the impact is actually questionable. Then you would have to weigh that with the benefits associated.

Back