Graphene

Status
Not open for further replies.

I opened this thread expecting hilariously subtitled Bollywood clips, imagine my disappointment.
Had a lecture last month on graphene at Manchester uni when we went for an open day....it's the next big thing and will become a well known substance in the near future.
It was discovered by using sellotape to thin out graphite to its thinnest layer.

Had a lecture last month on graphene at Manchester uni when we went for an open day....it's the next big thing and will become a well known substance in the near future.
It was discovered by using sellotape to thin out graphite to its thinnest layer.

Can it be used in 3D printing machines? If so, this could completely change manufacturing.

Can it be used in 3D printing machines? If so, this could completely change manufacturing.
I think so, the lecturer did mention 3d printing, but I can't recall what he said to be honest...some of the stuff he was talking about was quite deep.

Millions being invested in this. Durham University have being doing stuff anarl. Haway the graphene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back