Guy Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerNick

Striker
missed this series first time round...just seen him pedalling a bike 2 foot behind a truck at over 100mph

he should be on telly more often.

oh and Laura Trott is nice as owt

his brain is defintely broken in some way..he was chatting to his bike builder about speed and how it doesnt phase him..he enjoys being scared...it a buzz to survive a race!

yet he is so down to earth and personable..he just loves talking to people..his face when he was allowed to drive the race truck was a picture

his brain is defintely broken in some way..he was chatting to his bike builder about speed and how it doesnt phase him..he enjoys being scared...it a buzz to survive a race!

yet he is so down to earth and personable..he just loves talking to people..his face when he was allowed to drive the race truck was a picture
I think he's brilliant mate

I remember during the Isle Of Man TT last year there was an interesting interview with him where he was describing the issue of how far you push things during a race and where you decide to back off. They were talking about how one of the other riders (can't remember if it was Joey Dunlop or Ian Hutchinson) who was pushing it particularly close to the limit that week and he was saying in so many words that he wasn't prepared to push his luck that far. So in that respect he's certainly not mental - but then in the same interview he was talking about the bad crash he had at the TT a few years ago and saying that the moment he finally lost control of the bike was unbelievably exciting. So yes, maybe mental.

I liked the bit where he asked Laura Trott how often she would drive herself so hard in training that she would be physically sick, and she just said "Oh - every day".

The lad is a great motorcycle racer,watched him at Cadwell a few years back guesting on a Harley,he came in 3rd;he'd never ridden it before.One of the true characters of this country,we could do with more like him.

I knew him quite well a few years back. I helped him get over his addiction to Howard Marks' autobiography, which he'd read 263 times (the only book he would ever read). Basically I had to make him go cold turkey and tell him firmly "No more Mr Nice, Guy!".

I knew him quite well a few years back. I helped him get over his addiction to Howard Marks' autobiography, which he'd read 263 times (the only book he would ever read). Basically I had to make him go cold turkey and tell him firmly "No more Mr Nice, Guy!".

how long exactly have you been wanting to use that punchline in a post?

Fred Dibnah's love child. He's class. Love to see him win the TT but I don't think he will.

P.S. Joey died a good while back RIP. It would have been his nephew William.

This is what I love about the SMB, I've never heard of the bloke....I'm now on you tube watching this loon!!....

made a great series refurbing a boat..he had a steam powered shower
then one about how britain worked

then guy martins speed..where he attempts to break speed records..the one on the sledge is hilarious when he goes face first into tarmac from a big skateboard..then just bounds up as if nowt is happening...with a geet huge bloody scrape on his face

made a great series refurbing a boat..he had a steam powered shower
then one about how britain worked

then guy martins speed..where he attempts to break speed records..the one on the sledge is hilarious when he goes face first into tarmac from a big skateboard..then just bounds up as if nowt is happening...with a geet huge bloody scrape on his face

112mph on a bloody push bike........then wants to go 200mph.......nutter... awesome sideburns though and for that I like him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back