How to resolve the energy crisis

Why go all the way to the moon? Just build an orbital platform so the workers can just open up a flap in the Earth's atmosphere to let some space hydrogen in. Of course the flap will have some special valve in to stop the air getting out.

This fella doesn't pay any energy bills, sourcing power from wind, sun and flowing water :-

Kris Harbour

Wider scale we could build networks of heating pipes under our cities tapping natural heat from the earths crust, local authorities could also relax the planning regulations for home wind turbine installations.

This fella doesn't pay any energy bills, sourcing power from wind, sun and flowing water :-

Kris Harbour

Wider scale we could build networks of heating pipes under our cities tapping natural heat from the earths crust, local authorities could also relax the planning regulations for home wind turbine installations.

We're doing something similar here as we speak. Said to be ready in seven years time.

We solved it in the 1970s. There’s this device called a solex which draws energy from the sun and according to this documentary I saw yesterday it’s 95 percent efficient. Some bloke and his lass found it on an island off the coast of China although the person who had it wasn’t too happy to give it up. I’m surprised that it’s never been manufactured for commercial use. Maybe it got lost or destroyed or something as the scientist who invented it got shot in Macau.

Last night I was lying awake and it suddenly struck me.......what makes up the atmosphere in space.

Well apparently its mostly hydrogen. We can use space gas (hydrogen) to power things. Hence in my opinion we could just use that for the entire world . Bonus being there is an unlimited supply and it doesnt appear anyone else uses it for anything. Probably carbon neutral as well.

Now obviously there could be a problem with getting it to earth to do all the necessary to it to make it work in a boiler / car / plugs etc. Well we dont really need to bring it to earth to do all that (in my opinion). What we need to do, is build another moon. A little bit smaller than the other one and a bit closer to the world but big enough to collect and process all the space gas. I`m thinking like a moon with a bit of a bubble round it to hold in the oxygen for the workers. Then we could have tubes leading from it back to earth, to the various continents etc. Could even have a tube heading the other way sending up fresh air for the lads. With the comprehensive tube system spanning the globe, this would inevitably lead to everyone getting involved and chipping in to the overall costs.

Thoughts ?

This may cause some con fusion but It's cheaper to start with Helium and convert that into Hydrogen, plus you get some extra Neutrons to play with.

Kris Harbour

Like you say there’s already enough ways of harnessing the worlds natural occurrences to make enough energy to go round

They don’t want to solve it yet because too many people have too much money at stake in fossil fuel to stop using it

Back