Is Alexandra Lesley Phillips racist or are her concerns legitimate?

Yes. I have no issue with any of that. You're absolutely right but I don't understand how that relates to the point I've made.

You said "Too many posters on here pretending that the prospect of their daughter walking through high streets at night wouldn't elicit a different emotional response based on the perceived ethnic background of the local populace."

I was pointing out that as a woman and the mother of a teenage girl that the response I detailed is the same regardless of the ethnicity of the men.

Not too sure what your point is really.

Less concerned if your daughter is out late at night in a predominantly all white area? So the calculus is that a late taxi with friends and/or driving to pick her up from the club is less important than if, dunno, she was out clubbing in a more multi ethnic neighbourhood?

Take Leeds for example if you know the area. I'd be far more concerned about her walking through a rough area like Harehills at night than a rough area like Belle Isle.

There are many indicators that would be included in a crude risk assessment. Ethnicity would be one of them.
You said "Too many posters on here pretending that the prospect of their daughter walking through high streets at night wouldn't elicit a different emotional response based on the perceived ethnic background of the local populace."

I was pointing out that as a woman and the mother of a teenage girl that the response I detailed is the same regardless of the ethnicity of the men.

Are there any factors at all that would make you more or less worried about a lone walk at night depending on area? Would you feel the same about the prospect of walking alone regardless of area? If not, which factors would affect your level of concern?

On the subject of threat, men are far more likely to be victims of violent crime than women but that's maybe a conversation for another time.

Last edited:
Take Leeds for example if you know the area. I'd be far more concerned about her walking through a rough area like Harehills at night than a rough area like Belle Isle.

There are many indicators that would be included in a crude risk assessment. Ethnicity would be one of them.
There's rougher areas I'm not denying...Harehills is bad for drugs and gangs. Or was in past. It's not leafy Roundhay. Would advise caution for anyone going there frankly.

There's rougher areas I'm not denying...Harehills is bad for drugs and gangs. Or was in past. It's not leafy Roundhay. Would advise caution for anyone going there frankly.

My point is that Belle Isle is equally rough but that it would be safer (not safe mind) for a woman to be alone there. The attitudes of the ethnic groups towards women living in Harehills would make it much more dangerous for a woman to walk alone there.

Are there any factors at all that would make you more or less worried about a lone walk at night depending on area? Would you feel the same about the prospect of walking alone regardless of area? If not, which factors would affect your level of concern?

On the subject of threat, men are far more likely to be victims of violent crime than women but that's maybe a conversation for another time.

It's more familiarity with the area. I take the dog out in the dark here on my own and I'm less concerned about the bairn walking from the bus stop to home as it's relatively quiet around here. I get nervous when she's waiting for the bus on North Road in Durham as she's had hassle from males in the past there (all ethnic backgrounds).

I once travelled to London on my own arriving in the evening. I had to take a Tube from Kings Cross to Osterley, then walk about 10 mins to the Park Grand Hotel in the dark. I was nervous then just because I didn't know the area. It was perfectly safe though and I arrived unscathed and then felt fine doing that on subsequent visits.

Simply go to Ttonic on a Saturday night and observe the behaviour of the black gentlemen towards the white women.
it’s just not cricket.

It was going well until the last paragraph
I've been here since Tuesday
Usual rough sleepers here and there
Very friendly beggars
No non stop lads cutting motorbike locks while we all watch
No cycling argy bargys
No Muslim take overs
Etc etc
I imagine most locals laugh at the perceived perception

Assuming your talking about London. I spend a fair amount of time in London for work and socially and have done for years. The crime is a lot worse.

Was staying in Hounslow with the family and while waiting for them outside a shop for ten mins, I saw two incidents of shop lifting, drug dealing and three lads barge through the barrier at the underground. This was at about 5pm in broad daylight. This isn't just a London issue but the amount of low level, don't give a fuck crime, with loads of potential witnesses about was staggering. Certainly haven't seen this anywhere else and I travel constantly for work.

I doubt the shop keepers you seeing on the news complaining of being robbed constantly aren't laughing

Assuming your talking about London. I spend a fair amount of time in London for work and socially and have done for years. The crime is a lot worse.

Was staying in Hounslow with the family and while waiting for them outside a shop for ten mins, I saw two incidents of shop lifting, drug dealing and three lads barge through the barrier at the underground. This was at about 5pm in broad daylight. This isn't just a London issue but the amount of low level, don't give a fuck crime, with loads of potential witnesses about was staggering. Certainly haven't seen this anywhere else and I travel constantly for work.

I doubt the shop keepers you seeing on the news complaining of being robbed constantly aren't laughing
A lot worse than synderland ? Of course but it's more the perception
Everyone motorcycle is being targeted non stop while people watch
Jewellers in broad daylight as we all gawp
No argy bargy between people
Non stop videos portraying a ratio I didn't see
Watch the Cop show about Horden and seaham to see everyday thieving and robbing in broad daylight .
I did read an article about coat crime so I don't think for one minute
It's perfect I just think you're average person around here thinks it's way worse

Unfortunately the Tories have absolutely gutted the police force since 2010. Of course crime is up.

Look at this thread man. Straight away, racism.

I'll give you another example; immigration threads. Straight away, accusations of racism. If there's a thread talking about record levels of net immigration and someone is on there saying only racists care about immigration, what is that? It's an effort to silence the conversation.
That's a person giving their opinion of your opinion. No-one is shutting you down, you still get to voice your opinion. It is really boring when people claim to be "shut down" when I can still see, read or hear them.
Farage claims it often...on his nationally available free to air TV show 🤣

Last edited:
That's a person giving their opinion of your opinion. No-one is shutting you down, you still get to voice your opinion. It is really boring when people claim to be "shut down" when I can still see, read or hear them.
Farage claims it often...on his nationally available free to air TV show 🤣
We've been over it if you care to read the exchange.

I just think any contentious issue like this brings extreme views from both sides.
The danger is then that serious discussion can't happen, because people are hesitant about sticking their heads above the parapet to express their views.

These are discussions that need to be had, as there are clearly issues to be addressed, but in truth, sadly certain sections cannot be objective, both on the right and left.

Last edited:

Back