KLD speaks-promotion is "an absolute nescessity"

thats my point,,they didnt need to spend £100mn in most cases because they already had proven championship players and were able to keep them and pay their wages (theres the parachute money being spent)
For SAFC to compete would have requied spending to get a team as good as the opne southampton would have had if they jsut sold players and didnt buy any..for example,,if they had sold those they sold but kept armstrong..
Or if leeds had not signed piroe but kept somervile..
they could spend to enhance already good sqauds..SAFC didnt come into the season with a good sqaud..because two of the nest players we had last season..stewart and amad were gone..
We had an entire squad that was experienced when we came up. We demolished it by choice. We only needed 2 or 3 in the summer. We got rid of all experience and brough in kids. Again our fault, nothing the relegated sides did to force us into that.

Thats not true. All you can do as a club is make sure your as strong as you can possibly be. Let others worry about themselves. We've seen first hand that not all teams coming down do well.

We're not going up due to the deficiencies in our own side.
So you’re surprised to see the 3 relegated teams occupy the top 3 spots this year then?

We had an entire squad that was experienced when we came up. We demolished it by choice. We only needed 2 or 3 in the summer. We got rid of all experience and brough in kids. Again our fault, nothing the relegated sides did to force us into that.
eh? when we came up from league one?
we didnt have an entire swuad that was experienced of the xhampionship?
You are a good poster so I think Im mis understanding because you cant velieve we had an experienced sqaud when we came up from league one?

eh? when we came up from league one?
we didnt have an entire swuad that was experienced of the xhampionship?
You are a good poster so I think Im mis understanding because you cant velieve we had an experienced sqaud when we came up from league one?
The spine of that side had experience in the championship. To suggest we needed to spend £100 million as you did is wrong. We needed final touches to the side. Not wholesale changes.

The spine of that side had experience in the championship. To suggest we needed to spend £100 million as you did is wrong. We needed final touches to the side. Not wholesale changes.
the spine of it?
which players?
Evans.....? Roberta had 34 appearances and Clarke about a seasons worth (if those are who you mean.they are still at SAFC and so havent been dismantled..
ballard had 30 apprearances..also still at the club..

Last edited:
the spine of it?
which players?
Evans.....? Roberta had 34 appearances and Clarke about a seasons worth (if those are who you mean.they are still at SAFC and so havent been dismantled..
Evans, Roberts, Clarke, Ballard, Baath, Pritchard, Wright, Gooch. Just off the top of my head. You can quote appearances but that wasn't specified in your earlier post. We didn't need to dismantle that side. We didn't need to spend £100 million. We needed a couple of carefully sourced quality signings. Instead we got scattergun shyte. Thats not down to any of teh 3 sides who came down its done to SAFC.

TBF he doesnt say when promotion is a necessity because we can definitely see hes playing the very long cheap game
he has already stated it needs to be within two years of now..
Evans, Roberts, Clarke, Ballard, Baath, Pritchard, Wright, Gooch. Just off the top of my head. You can quote appearances but that wasn't specified in your earlier post. We didn't need to dismantle that side. We didn't need to spend £100 million. We needed a couple of carefully sourced quality signings. Instead we got scattergun shyte. Thats not down to any of teh 3 sides who came down its done to SAFC.
gooch had 24 championship appearaces when sunderland came up from league one..
experience is not a few appearances its more than tha

Last edited:
I reckon if it was my money, I wouldn’t haven’t gambled a lot this season with the teams coming down.

I still have a fair amount of faith in KLD as an owner and like the fact he comes across quite cold and calculated- I believe he wants promotion, but probably for different reasons to lost of the fan base.

If Beale is a disaster for the rest of the season, I don’t think KS will survive the end of the season as I think he may want a serious push next season and there have just been too many recruitment errors in the recent windows.

doesnt say that in the article unless ive missed something?....we are also in the 4th year of a 5 year plan so if he says 2 years from now then hes moved the goalposts

Experience is past history. He, like the others have played in this league. We got rid of them in favour of a bunch of kids from abroad who in the main can't even speak English. Again, How is this Leicester, Southampton or Leeds fault.
doesnt say that in the article unless ive missed something?....we are also in the 4th year of a 5 year plan so if he says 2 years from now then hes moved the goalposts
Only way to improve our strikers and get some money for them :lol:

Last edited:
no..there was no 5 year plan..what he said was "within five years" but he said that the season after pronoion from elague one...

Back