Last album you listened to from start to finish?

Tangle Eye-Alan Lomaxs Southern Journey Remixed. 2002.

Great stuff. I’d forgotten I had this one as it’s been in the loft for six years or so.
A NYC studio remix project adding new music to the vocals recorded by renowned blues archivist Alan Lomax during his mic in hand tours of the American south from the 1920-60s. These were non commercial field recordings to preserve the work and prison songs of the south for iirc the Smithsonian. It’s where yer Led Zeppelins etc got their ideas from. Moby also used them to sample bits onto his own material in that huge selling album he had…..errrrh…..Play I think it was called.

Another keeper.
The Queen is Dead

Before that I was on a Led Zep roll of album 1, Physical Graffiti and album 3 . Can’t say Houses of the Holy as The Crunge is f*****g awful so I skipped it
The Queen Is Dead was played all the way through when I was in The Crown Posada a week gone Thursday. No wonder the place was virtually empty.

Last edited:
Tangle Eye-Alan Lomaxs Southern Journey Remixed. 2002.

Great stuff. I’d forgotten I had this one as it’s been in the loft for six years or so.
A NYC studio remix project adding new music to the vocals recorded by renowned blues archivist Alan Lomax during his mic in hand tours of the American south from the 1920-60s. These were non commercial field recordings to preserve the work and prison songs of the south for iirc the Smithsonian. It’s where yer Led Zeppelins etc got their ideas from. Moby also used them to sample bits onto his own material in that huge selling album he had…..errrrh…..Play I think it was called.

Another keeper.

The Queen Is Dead was played all the way through when I was in The Crown Posada a week gone Thursday. No wonder the place was virtually empty.
I came across an online archive of Alan Lomax field recordings recently and hadn't previously realised that he also made recordings all over the UK including a whole bunch in Hetton!

Hetton-Le-Hole 12/53 | Lomax Digital Archive

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Weathervanes - released last year bought for me by one of my kids for christmas, I absolutely love it, brilliant alt-country / americana album

The Pretty Things-Parachute. 1970.
Voted Rolling Stone album of the year in 1970 it still sounds as good as it must’ve done back then. Not listened to it for about 12yrs. Another keeper.

Last edited:
Barry Adamson-Know Where To Run.
I wish he’d stick to film scores/instrumentals. I saw him live at The Festival Hall expecting a film score recital type concert instead got a game show hosts pantomime carry on. It’s going.

Pavement-Westing By Musket and Sextant.
Even worse than I remember. It’s going.

Josh Rouse-Nashville.
Still as good as I remember. It’s staying.

The Avalanches-Since I Left You.
Just makes the cut. It’s staying.

Dusty Springfield-Blue For You.
A superb cut price compilation of her 60s stuff. It’s staying.

I’m not chasing as many as I thought tbh.

Last edited:
Barry Adamson-Know Where To Run.
I wish he’d stick to film scores/instrumentals. I saw him live at The Festival Hall expecting a film score recital type concert instead got a game show hosts pantomime carry on. It’s going.

Pavement-Westing By Musket and Sextant.
Even worse than I remember. It’s going.

Josh Rouse-Nashville.
Still as good as I remember. It’s staying.

The Avalanches-Since I Left You.
Just makes the cut. It’s staying.

Dusty Springfield-Blue For You.
A superb cut price compilation of her 60s stuff. It’s staying.

I’m not chasing as many as I thought tbh.
classic

The Arctic Monkeys-AM.
The only one of there’s I love is the confessions of a jaded moon base cabaret singer one. All of em before that are ok when they come on the radio at work or in the car and the disco ball ones just crap. Anyway I’ve enough meat n potatoes guitar/bass/drums stuff already even if they’re at the more inventive end of the formulas scale. They’re easily the best of the currently still recording Virgin-XFM-Absolute types mainly due to the lads undoubted way with words. It’s going.

Back