Longest spell in our history out of top league

Said this a couple of times.

People dont seem to realise what a low point this is for SAFC and as the lad above says if we aren't careful this "model" will see us 15 tears plus out of the top flight.

I think it was 19 years for Leeds and might have been more for Forest.

dont think it cant or wont happen here - given that we are a very poorly run club.

Said this a couple of times.

People dont seem to realise what a low point this is for SAFC and as the lad above says if we aren't careful this "model" will see us 15 tears plus out of the top flight.

I think it was 19 years for Leeds and might have been more for Forest.

dont think it cant or wont happen here - given that we are a very poorly run club.
Surely comes down to age of fans? I turn 40 next month and a long spell in the top flight felt very different to normal for me. Normal was bouncing around the leagues with a very brief flirtation with the top end of the top flight.

For full seasons in my life we've had:
18 seasons in the top flight
16 seasons in the second tier
5 seasons in the third tier.

Our last spell in the top flight was by a few seasons our longest run in the top flight since our creation to first relegation.

We’ve no long standing right to be in the top division. We don’t deserve anything.

Our top level successes are long gone.

I support Sunderland because my family did and it’s part of my heritage. If we are in the national league I’d still be the same.

Do I want success? Yes.

Do I need it above all else. Probably no.

Back