Mason Cotcher

If not, he has played for the first team, so we will be entitled to a decent wedge for him, unlike the bairns Donald sold for cheap.
Oh well. Money makes all the difference... to some
Where is the clear route to the first team? Rigg is the only one who has broken through and thats because he is a generational talent. We are singing young kids from Europe who cant even get it our team blocking the development of the likes of Middlemas, Kelly, Bainbridge to make the step up to the first team.
Exactly my point.
I agree with this bit. Ba, Mayenda, Hemir, Seelt, Triantis, Ekwah, Hjelde, Pembele, Aouchiche (add in Burstow too as he's not ours but is in the 1st team) are all distinctly average and blocking the route to all positions for our best youngsters.
We'll both lose our own and waste money on rubbish this way I agree.
You can't please or convince everybody, losing the odd one or two is inevitable, especially when the bigger clubs like United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc can offer much more tempting financial packages at pro deal. Much different to the systemic touting of youth happening under the previous owners.
It's one of the better players a season currently. They're giubg higher not sideways or lower.

Last edited:

Plenty of other sides (even in the prem) who aren’t phased when it comes to putting kids on the bench and giving them the odd run out, just look at Leeds. Baffles me how it’s taken rigg so long to break through this year too. Definitely think we should be giving more of them a run out than the likes of burstow who we don’t even own. Let’s face it, they can’t be much worse either…

Plenty of other sides (even in the prem) who aren’t phased when it comes to putting kids on the bench and giving them the odd run out, just look at Leeds. Baffles me how it’s taken rigg so long to break through this year too. Definitely think we should be giving more of them a run out than the likes of burstow who we don’t even own. Let’s face it, they can’t be much worse either…
Cos he’s 16? How many other 16 year olds have played for a Championship side this season?

We’re all moaning about Bellingham being ran into the ground yet want someone younger than him to play more.

Cos he’s 16? How many other 16 year olds have played for a Championship side this season?

We’re all moaning about Bellingham being ran into the ground yet want someone younger than him to play more.

I think there is a clear difference of quality between Rigg and Bellingham to be honest.

Okoronkwo left under this owenership as well I think. I think it will always happen no matter what. The Cotcher one without having something already sorted always seems a bit odd to me.
Francis O who went to Everton ? That was Donald and Co I think ? May be wrong

Everton have just signed one of the best 16-year-olds in the country for £1m​

Everton have signed teenage forward Francis Okoronwko from Sunderland Was 2021

Last edited:
I think there is a clear difference of quality between Rigg and Bellingham to be honest.
Bellingham started the season extremely well. He’s played far too much football.

If we played Rigg the same amount, I’d expect to see a decline. With all young ones, we need to keep it fresh & provide an education. Bellingham’s fell into the nothingness that the rest of the team have faded into.

Rigg should 100% be involved between now & the end of the season, but here & there. Not starting every match.

Can just remember a lot of kick off that we were still losing players after the takeover when he went, from memory.

It was under the current ownership, but they tried to keep him, taking him down to Wembley etc with the first team squad when we won the cup. We're a championship club, we'll lose players but we tried to keep the likes of Okoronkwo, Cotcher etc whereas Donald's team were pushing them out the door. I know the lad who broke through at Liverpool recently was happy to stay but as soon as Liverpool came knocking the club didn't do anything to keep him, that's the difference between then and now.

The people saying we've got foreign lads blocking pathways need to remember that we lost a generation of talents under the previous regime and we've now got younger kids who are getting to the fringes of the first team. I think we'll see more of the likes of Bainbridge and Watson next season, Young sounds like he's not far away too. Patterson, Rigg and Neil all got established in the first team squad under the current regime so I don't think it's fair to say they're blocking our kids. For sure the signings we've made in the last 18 months are poor so far but I don't think it's a blocker.

So this is now the 3rd high profile youngster to leave since 'takeover'. Clear route to first team was trumpeted initially but doesn't seem to be helping with retention.
We’ve tied loads of younguns who are highly rated down since the takeover. Yet here you are to put a negative spin on it again.

Cotcher has moved for money alone.

Bell is never going to be as good as Matty Young.

I could understand if everyone who was decent was leaving. But you’re never going to keep everyone.
Ah yes he did I stand corrected . In my defence think they both went it for him 😳
Yeah seemed last minute he decided to go to Chelsea.

Didn’t do Milner any harm at that age.

Back