Metro pub crawl

Might do this when one of the lads come home. Newcastle for opening & back to Sunderland. Haven’t looked at every pub yet, but there’s 9 stops to Seaburn, then out down Roker

New gin place opening in the old Pallion club soon to make it a bit easier. The Willow Pond cannit be described as being close to Pallion Station.

Never done the Metro one but done the Circle Line bar crawl on the Tube as mentioned by another poster.

Used to do an A-Z bar crawl in Newcastle but havent done that for a few year. Used to have to play around with the letters a bit (samJacks used to be J for example) but was a god laugh all the same. Very messy as well.

:eek: Why?

She was horrible man

I think firstly because she did a good job of sorting the place out, it used to get a it's fair share of bellends in, secondly I used to wind her up every time I went to the bar and she was actually alright.

we'll see if the new bloke can steer a steady ship :)

:eek: Why?

She was a horrible man
Tidied

I think firstly because she did a good job of sorting the place out, it used to get a it's fair share of bellends in, secondly I used to wind her up every time I went to the bar and she was actually alright.

She couldn't differentiate between normal people and arseholes though. She was a twat to everyone

She went too far with the ban hammer and banned half of Jarra. Bit like him who owned the Greyhound.
She banned some old blokes who were in every day (sat next to the front door) for complaining because she put Rugby on instead of Football just to please some people that had never been in before. Power crazy wanker. Threatened to ban me once when I asked if she's taking the piss when she asked for ID, I was in thrice a week at the time at least, I'd had about 6 pints that day before she asked for any ID. I was about 28 at the time anarl.
Never met the new bloke yet like (don't think I have anyway)

She went too far with the ban hammer and banned half of Jarra. Bit like him who owned the Greyhound.
She banned some old blokes who were in every day (sat next to the front door) for complaining because she put Rugby on instead of Football just to please some people that had never been in before. Power crazy wanker. Threatened to ban me once when I asked if she's taking the piss when she asked for ID, I was in thrice a week at the time at least, I'd had about 6 pints that day before she asked for any ID. I was about 28 at the time anarl.
She's moved out of the flat upstairs anarl

aye she was a bit trigger happy.
I had a stand off over a vodka and orange one night, I thought I was a goner. When I told her I'd never ordered a vodka and orange for over 30 year she backed down :lol:

new bloke has dark hair, beard. 40s maybe.

Thanks for sharing! Please try and be kind everyone, was a real labour of love and already been torn a new one by the Facebook maffia!

you're spot on about Beggars Bridge btw, alright but overpriced.

if you want sophistication you could have went to Blacks corner up the road.

Last edited:

Anne? She’s alright IMO. Doesn’t stand for any shit like, which is the same for any decent landlord/lady

Back