Mid 90s Ku club

Used to book a day off work the day after and go to student night on a Tuesday. Few pints in the pubs first then cheap shots of rum at Ku, but used to hit the dance floor as we loved the eclectic range of music so much.

B 52s , The Levellers , The Smiths , Killing Joke, Rage Against The Machine, The Cult, The Breeders....I still hear music now which instantly takes me back there

Even some of the dance music I like such as "Groove is in the Heart" stems from hearing it there

Last edited:
Used to book a day off work the day after and go to student night on a Tuesday. Few pints in the pubs first then cheap shots of rum at Ku, but used to hit the dance floor as we loved the eclectic range of music so much.

B 52s , The Levellers , The Smiths , Killing Joke, Rage Against The Machine, The Cult, The Breeders....I still hear music now which instantly takes me back there

Even some of the dance music I like such as "Groove is in the Heart" stems from hearing it there
It’s also the likes of American Pie, Love her Madly etc that take me back

There always was puke in one of the toilets, it must have been Mike Downey's first job when opening up to get one of the staff to puke in the toilet. I have seen a few people carried out especially on a Tuesday.

Mid to late eighties, early nineties for me, halycyon days. Superb music mix, Noddy Merritt was DJ and there are certain songs that take me back.

I grew up in Yorkshire but I was back home to Sunderland for matches all my life. When I was 17/18 if we came up for the match I'd go out with my cousins after and we'd end up in Ku Club. My memories are getting smacked in the face by a lass for a mildly sarky remark, the bogs being lifting, bottles of random lager, Mackem accents and I am the Resurrection.
For a young Sunderland exile whose heart never left Wearside it was heaven

Back