Myths legends and Creation stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

An interesting read here...
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...how-did-our-legends-really-begin-9634148.html

Bastard. Missed a comma, mods delete this shite.
I'll help you out here Muggy mate...

Has anyone read the myth of theCrystal Skulls? You need to have an open mind about it, if you do then the whole worshipping/belief system starts to make sense.

All ancient civilisations believed in a super god which lends support to the theory that these super gods were indeed beings from another dimension/planet. Makes perfect sense.

http://www.dawn.com/news/609040/myths-and-mysteries-the-13-crystal-skulls-who-made-them-why

Has anyone read the myth of theCrystal Skulls? You need to have an open mind about it, if you do then the whole worshipping/belief system starts to make sense.

All ancient civilisations believed in a super god which lends support to the theory that these super gods were indeed beings from another dimension/planet. Makes perfect sense.

http://www.dawn.com/news/609040/myths-and-mysteries-the-13-crystal-skulls-who-made-them-why

Actually it means the ancient civilisations had no idea how the world really worked so they invented an Invisible Man In The Sky to explain it all.

Actually it means the ancient civilisations had no idea how the world really worked so they invented an Invisible Man In The Sky to explain it all.
:(Nah, that's not exciting enough, go with the aliens from a different dimension...much more interesting.

Its an interesting study he has made but whether it can be traced back as far as he reckons is the issue. Certainly most myths have a longer prehistory than we assume in the west such as with the Great Flood or the Great Deluge as it was known in prehistoric times. Another point is that we may all share psychological
archetypes in our deep subconscious, the first formations of the mind at an early age before words came to dominate our thinking after images. So similar concepts could have formed independently.

:lol:
They were all made in the twentieth century though.

I want to know why everyone has or has had dreams of either flying or taking long leaps which let you sort of fly.
Or is it just me and everyone I talk to...
Is their something in our dna that makes us remember a past time when it was possible?

I want to know why everyone has or has had dreams of either flying or taking long leaps which let you sort of fly.
Is their something in our dna that makes us remember a past time when it was possible?

Interesting view on dreams there, mate. Mine is falling and waking up just before I hit the ground. It does feel as though I have fallen onto the matress. Now, it could be that I am possessed and levitate during the night, and some would argue there is considerable amount of devil within me.
However, last night's entertainment was just shouting out, "Stand still!" which turned out to be a very real shout. Also, a colleague kicking a car and her getting spannered at parents' evening.

I have ones where I'm sort of gliding huge distances with each stride. It seems completely effortless as well.

No, humans have something called "imagination" and we have things called "dreams". People who take drugs or too much drink often think they can fly but when they put the idea into practice they find that the boring old Laws Of Physics decree that humans cannot fly.

Used to regularly have dreams where I was in grave danger. When I tried to scream no noise comes out.

Also, the desperate for a wee dream. Searching for the loo. Finally finding one and letting go only to wake and find not all of it was imaginary :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back