Newcastle Airport

I live right under the flight path, they are taking off to the east right over my house, it's not too bad here.

They swap the direction of take off and landing depending on the wind direction.

I live right under the flight path, they are taking off to the east right over my house, it's not too bad here.

They swap the direction of take off and landing depending on the wind direction.
Aye noticed last night they were landing towards the coast. Was just chilling on road in the dark and nearly shut myself when a jet 2 was about 100m above me head.

It's pretty bad on the coast now on the flight path (also live under it). Got much worse the past hour or so. Guessing it's why they're taking off this way to avoid it (turn before here when taking off).

50mph+ gusts at both Boulmer and Loftus so assume it's the same here pretty much.

One thing I have always wanted to know.

Some car parks in the Long Stay, certainly the ones behind the row of trees at the bottom end of Prestwick Road, have barriers on them (some don't) and those that do have some kind of scanner box thingy on it and I think you are meant to put a ticket or some other document for the car park to it and the barrier is meant to open. I tried it when I parked there last time when I flew to Spain but it didn't work.

What am I meant to do?

Back