Our next manager - who do you want?

Might be completely wrong, but I think Beale will be gone sooner rather than later, especially with his press conference/ interview blaming the fans.

So I’ve compiled a list of names the bookies linked with each of the recent Sunderland, Birmingham, Stoke, and/or Plymouth jobs.

Obviously, I’ve removed those that actually got their respective jobs (Mowbray, Schumacher etc.), as well as Graham Potter, who was linked with Stoke but if I’m honest I’m not sure will see 10th-placed Sunderland is the role for him :lol:

Does anyone (realistically) take your fancy?

• Will Still
  • Mike Dodds
  • Julien Sable
  • Kim Hellberg
  • Paul Heckingbottom
  • Eric Roy
  • Kevin Muscat
  • John Eustace
  • Scott Parker
  • Gus Poyet
  • Neil Critchley
  • Paul Cook
  • Neil Warnock
  • Leighton Baines
  • Dean Holden
  • Nathan Jones
  • Chris Davies
  • Steve Cooper
  • Jesse Marsch

Last edited:

Don't know, but more importantly I've got little faith in the club to make a good choice...just check who's out of work atm and take it from there, Joe Royle?

Think it would take a longer run of poor form before Beale leaves. Regardless of how justified some fans think it is to get rid now (or before he'd even managed a game) we'd be perceived as a bit of a basket case binning a manager so soon. Even Rooney got more of a chance to drag Birmingham into a relegation scrap!

Think it would take a longer run of poor form before Beale leaves. Regardless of how justified some fans think it is to get rid now (or before he'd even managed a game) we'd be perceived as a bit of a basket case binning a manager so soon. Even Rooney got more of a chance to drag Birmingham into a relegation scrap!
Did Rooney have a go at the fans in a press conference?

Might be completely wrong, but I think Beale will be gone sooner rather than later, especially with his press conference/ interview blaming the fans.

So I’ve compiled a list of names the bookies linked with each of the recent Sunderland, Birmingham, Stoke, and/or Plymouth jobs.

Obviously, I’ve removed those that actually got their respective jobs (Mowbray, Schumacher etc.), as well as Graham Potter, who was linked with Stoke but if I’m honest I’m not sure will see 10th-placed Sunderland is the role for him :lol:

Does anyone (realistically) take your fancy?

• Will Still
  • Mike Dodds
  • Julien Sable
  • Kim Hellberg
  • Paul Heckingbottom
  • Eric Roy
  • Kevin Muscat
  • John Eustace
  • Scott Parker
  • Gus Poyet
  • Neil Critchley
  • Paul Cook
  • Neil Warnock
  • Leighton Baines
  • Dean Holden
  • Nathan Jones
  • Chris Davies
  • Steve Cooper
  • Jesse Marsch
Several non-starters on that list IMO.

Cooper will want far more money than we’d be prepared to pay. Hellberg has just taken a job, we wouldn’t pay compensation for Still or Sable.

Poyet currently managing the Greek national side so again compensation would probably rule him out.

Back