Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will never be resolved.
The used to say that about Northern Ireland. The difference seems to me to be that Christianity became less important to people, whereas Islam in becoming increasingly important.

Hard to see any answer, but let's hope Netanyahu is out of the picture sooner rather than later.

Israel dont want to go back to the pre 1967 borders which the UN have demanded with numerous resolutions and are doing all they can to derail peace efforts even though the PLO and HAMAS have previously accepted their right to exist under pre 1967 borders. They basically want to keep the occupied settlements at all costs. Anyone interested can read up on the Oslo accords and what the Israeli PM said about derailing those when he thought he wasn't being recorded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_I_Accord

Seems like a perfect opportunity for the Western World to gain a few hearts and minds by giving Palestinians a decent chunk of land. Pissing off a few Jews in order to ease Islamic/Western tensions across the world seems a reasonable concession when , at the end of the day, its only a case of a few hundred square miles of desert.

The used to say that about Northern Ireland. The difference seems to me to be that Christianity became less important to people, whereas Islam in becoming increasingly important.

Hard to see any answer, but let's hope Netanyahu is out of the picture sooner rather than later.

That is what repressing a religion (or a group of people belonging to a religion) will do, instead of flooding them with bombs and bullets they should flood them with consumerist shite and videos of the only way is essex etc, they will sharp forget their religion and differences. Who knows, they may even become accepting of homosexuality. Once that happens let us use the media to form their opinion...

Ethnic cleansing.
Indeed. There is only one country across of the whole of the Arab world where a Jew is allowed to reside. They have been cleared out of every single one bar Israel.

There isn't a single country (that has free elections) where a Muslim can't be in parliament. There are over 10000000 Muslims living peacefully within Israel, many serve in the IDF, and there are elected Muslims members of the kenesset.

Ethnic cleansing?

Indeed. There is only one country across of the whole of the Arab world where a Jew is allowed to reside. They have been cleared out of every single one bar Israel.

There isn't a single country (that has free elections) where a Muslim can't be in parliament. There are over 10000000 Muslims living peacefully within Israel, many serve in the IDF, and there are elected Muslims members of the kenesset.

Ethnic cleansing?
Think he is on about the refugees in gaza and the west bank,they were thrown off there land and put in gettos on either size of Israel,some even saw far as Lebanon and Syria

Israel dont want to go back to the pre 1967 borders which the UN have demanded with numerous resolutions and are doing all they can to derail peace efforts even though the PLO and HAMAS have previously accepted their right to exist under pre 1967 borders. They basically want to keep the occupied settlements at all costs. Anyone interested can read up on the Oslo accords and what the Israeli PM said about derailing those when he thought he wasn't being recorded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_I_Accord

Its amazing that the west hasnt muscled in and invaded to stop.... hang on no its not.

Think he is on about the refugees in gaza and the west bank,they were thrown off there land and put in gettos on either size of Israel,some even saw far as Lebanon and Syria
I know he was. I was just trying to point out that the whole situation and the greater situation in which it is framed is not black and white. Anyone who says it is and points to one side being 100% correct over the other has no real understanding of the situation.

I know he was. I was just trying to point out that the whole situation and the greater situation in which it is framed is not black and white. Anyone who says it is and points to one side being 100% correct over the other has no real understanding of the situation.
Needs to be meaningful negotiations.but sadly time is running out for a 2 state solution,dont know where the Palestinian/Israeli conflict goes from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back