Park and ride options Manchester

JAZZMANB

Striker
Heading to arena next year for a gig. Saturday. Check in is in afternoon and parking is chargeable and not guaranteed
Was thinking of landing early and parking somewhere on the outskirts and heading into the city for the day. Any options welcomed

Heading to arena next year for a gig. Saturday. Check in is in afternoon and parking is chargeable and not guaranteed
Was thinking of landing early and parking somewhere on the outskirts and heading into the city for the day. Any options welcomed
Think there’s one in the Stockport / Wythenshawe sort of area but then you’d be coming from the other side I assume?

How about ditching car at thornaby n train over? Will be buttons in advance n right into city.

Personally ive done the above n driven right in a few times no bother.

I tend to park at Ashton Moss and get the Metrolink into Piccadilly (you can then either walk to Victoria or wait on the platform for a tram) It's free as long as you buy a tram ticket/tap in

It's right on a junction with the M60 too so you can get away fairly quickly.

I get free travel with TPE and even I choose to drive, I wouldn't rely on them at all.

Give Your Parking Space app a go.

We used it for Manchester and got all day parking for a fiver about 20 minutes walk from the city centre.

Used a few times in all and it's very good.

Personally I'd park at Whitefield Metrolink and tram straight into Victoria. Come off the M62 just after it becomes the M60 (Jn. 17).

Ashton would take you the same time to get to from the NE, but the tram is a load longer.

I'd avoid Hollinwood, Derker and Oldham Mumps like the plague.

When I visited a few year back I parked at Derker but I was only there for the day.

May as well park in downtown Gaza City.

Personally I'd park at Whitefield Metrolink and tram straight into Victoria. Come off the M62 just after it becomes the M60 (Jn. 17).

Ashton would take you the same time to get to from the NE, but the tram is a load longer.

is there a unique strain of Mumps in Oldham?

Parking space near a metrolink stop as far out of town as possible ( north/east side) then tram into city centre.

Metrolink is cheap and excellent.

Spot on ,thanks 👍

Correct answer above.

Prestwich or Whitefield car parks, both just off J17 of the M60 and both free.

Tram after the gig leaves from Victoria Station, almost directly underneath the arena, and takes about 15 minutes.

Back