Physical Season Cards

I E-mailed the ticket office as I have managed to renew my nephews ticket over the phone, but want a physical card for him for next season. I explained the reason was that although I can put his digital ticket on my phone as I did this year (he is under 14 so his phone has a restriction on which stops him using the Wallet on there as he is under 18), if I can’t attend, as was the case for the Swansea game, then we had a problem getting his ticket transferred to my brother so he could scan him in.
Therefore a physical card would be better.

Just received this response and I’m confused as I though that they were still doing physical cards next season for anyone who needed one ??

Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season, does he or any person he comes to the game with have a smart phone so he can go digital, we are asking people to do this. We will put his name on our list if not and someone will be in touch between the 3rd May and 30th June to tell them what we will be doing.

Kind Regards

I E-mailed the ticket office as I have managed to renew my nephews ticket over the phone, but want a physical card for him for next season. I explained the reason was that although I can put his digital ticket on my phone as I did this year (he is under 14 so his phone has a restriction on which stops him using the Wallet on there as he is under 18), if I can’t attend, as was the case for the Swansea game, then we had a problem getting his ticket transferred to my brother so he could scan him in.
Therefore a physical card would be better.

Just received this response and I’m confused as I though that they were still doing physical cards next season for anyone who needed one ??

Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season, does he or any person he comes to the game with have a smart phone so he can go digital, we are asking people to do this. We will put his name on our list if not and someone will be in touch between the 3rd May and 30th June to tell them what we will be doing.

Kind Regards
We've been told at the meeting that physical cards would be available and we've also been told by the Ticket Office that they won't be.

@Guinness Guzzler any ideas?

The club put this on the website when they unveiled the pricing etc last week:

We continue to appreciate that some season ticket holders will be unable to utilise a digital season ticket, and, in these instances, a non-digital alternative will be made available for a nominal additional cost.

If you require a non-digital season ticket for 2024-25, please contact the ticket office via [email protected] by Friday 3 May and a member of our ticketing team will be in touch by 30 June.

I've always found transfering the tickets really easy in fairness. As you say he won't be attending on his own anyway so is it a big deal?
It is a big deal as he is a Junior. So you can’t transfer a Junior ticket to an Adult. I had to transfer to my other nephew but then the E Mail never came through for my brother to then save the ticket on his phone. In the end my nephew had to use my ticket which I transferred to my brother. It shouldn’t be this difficult. Thats why a card for the young un is a better option.
The club put this on the website when they unveiled the pricing etc last week:
So I wonder what a “non digital alternative “ is if it isn’t a physical card ?

Last edited:
It is a big deal as he is a Junior. So you can’t transfer a Junior ticket to an Adult. I had to transfer to my other nephew but then the E Mail never came through for my brother to then save the ticket on his phone. In the end my nephew had to use my ticket which I transferred to my brother. It shouldn’t be this difficult. Thats why a card for the young un is a better option.

So I wonder what a “non digital alternative “ is if it isn’t a physical card ?
I've always found transfering the tickets really easy in fairness. As you say he won't be attending on his own anyway so is it a big deal?

it shouldn't matter. the lad is a season ticket holder and has politely requested a physical card instead of a digital one. that should be the end of it

the club shouldn't be asking if he can just go with someone else or trying to create stupid work-arounds. just give fans a physical card who want a physical card. its not complicated

i'm in a group of about 12 and we've all got physical cards and it works great for us.

They're just trying to fob you off. Wait on the list they've then got to give you a card. What if you nor your brother cant make it. Then he is stuck.

You pay your money , you get what you need.
They put my name on a list after I told them that their choice was either

They provide me with a means of entering the ground WITHOUT using my phone

OR

They dont get my money

That was their choice- they chose to provide the means to enter without a f’ing phone

And I am going to wait to hear what that is

About time we all stood up to this nonsense…they take us for idiots and I dont want Ticketmaster, Google, Apple etc knowing my business when watching the match

Back