Post a pic of your axe

Some lovely guitars there, what is the Ibanez like? We have the same ES-335.
Ibanez is good...it is the closest to an acoustic I have and it therefore gets a lot of play. The issue is the strings. I got it because I wanted to play jazz and could not afford a 175!! Anyway, ideally you should use flatwounds...I have tried these, but they are not forgiving. Yet, it doesn't sound as mellow with conventional strings.

That Ibanez is a stunner
Cheers...I've had it for about 6 years now.

The FretKing eclat (the LP type shown) is undoubtedly the best 600 quidish Ive ever spent on a guitar in terms of value. Graphite nut, one piece maple cap, wilkinson p/ups and hardware. Its actually bound with tortoiseshell..incl the neck!. The varicoil actually allows you to dial back the humbuckers into a reasonably convincing single coil sound.

Last edited:
Yes....it has fender "black dove" pickups, which are very good and I have no desire to swap them out (when I bought the guitar I assumed the pickups would be eventually replaced).
Like the look to that tele much more than the usual standard planks. Not so keen on the soap bars like, a couple of chrome humbuckers would finish the job nicely but if you're happy with how they look and sound you can't argue with that!

Like the look to that tele much more than the usual standard planks. Not so keen on the soap bars like, a couple of chrome humbuckers would finish the job nicely but if you're happy with how they look and sound you can't argue with that!
I didn't have any guitars with p90s so it was another box ticked so to speak!

Back