Private Conversation With Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wor Giacchi

Central Defender
If I hold a conversation with my line manager and request it stays private does it have to remain so or not?

If I hold a conversation with my line manager and request it stays private does it have to remain so or not?
If you hold a conversation with your manager and ask it to be private then come on here telling us about it do you think it should remain private?

Any type of gaffer worth his salt would keep it private if requested unless it involved a criminal offence of course

Unfortunately, people who are slimy, snidy and lick-arsey enough to make it into management are usually not the type of people you'd trust with a secret.

That said, I know a couple of sound managers, but they're managers simply because of their job and not because they want to be a manager - they have to be because nobody else can be.

If a member of my team asked for a private chat and made me promise that it would remain private then I would decline. I wouldn't know what they are going to tell me so can't make such a promise. Some things may need to be acted upon, eg crime, serious misconduct, long term sickness, etc...

Unfortunately, people who are slimy, snidy and lick-arsey enough to make it into management are usually not the type of people you'd trust with a secret.
Says you - how would you ever make it in the police force with that attitude - no wonder you got binned .....seriously though I think it was the echo or some other news outlet that asked for Freedom of information request regarding ocial media - not sure you seen it - may be of interest to you
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-threatening-social-media-posts-9677195.html

Says you - how would you ever make it in the police force with that attitude - no wonder you got binned .....seriously though I think it was the echo or some other news outlet that asked for Freedom of information request regarding ocial media - not sure you seen it - may be of interest to you
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-threatening-social-media-posts-9677195.html

:lol:

I thought you were being serious for a second there.

Nah, just bad experience in the past with managers and ex-managers.

One of whom accused me of something I didn't do, with the only allegation it was me coming from the aforementioned ex-manager who tried to push someone else out of a job by telling tales on them to someone else.

I don't think the manager would agree to keep it private (or at least they shouldn't). In my line of work, we're told to never make such promises as without the withheld information it's impossible to know whether it would need to be passed on and then you'd be breaching trust which isn't exactly ideal. Probably completely different from your line of work but it's something that stuck with me during training.

Any Manager/Police/Social Worker/Doctor/Solictior - is a person - regardless of status or rank - they WILL discuss it with someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back