Puerto Pollensa

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Ghost of ORR

Heading to Puerto Pollensa in a few weeks. I seem to recall there a lot of people on here who frequent Majorca, so was hoping to pick up a few tips about the place.

Divint get a gobble off a black lass. She'll rob you.
(it happened to a mate. Not me. A mate I say)

Reactions: ozz
Heading to Puerto Pollensa in a few weeks. I seem to recall there a lot of people on here who frequent Majorca, so was hoping to pick up a few tips about the place.

taken over from Magaluf as the scratter destination on the island marra - full of 'english' bars serving pie and chips, full english breakfasts and pints of watered down Carling whilst showing DVD's of Only Fools and Horses, Peter Kay or Chubby Brown

Haven't been to Majorcay for 15 years, but I liked that place. Keep us reet as to how it is now.

taken over from Magaluf as the scratter destination on the island marra - full of 'english' bars serving pie and chips, full english breakfasts and pints of watered down Carling whilst showing DVD's of Only Fools and Horses, Peter Kay or Chubby Brown
Sounds fantastic to me mind.

Oh god, never mind.

"Lambchops, post: 17490867, member: 5158"]it hasn't really man

I cant exactly take the cultural high ground: I am in a lovely Malaysian hotel overlooking the South China Sea. What is my evening meal? Burger & chips with bottles of Tiger Beer.

I'd read that there were quite a few English bars. Although Trip Advisor gives me the impression that there are plenty of authentic places to eat and drink.

I'd read that there were quite a few English bars. Although Trip Advisor gives me the impression that there are plenty of authentic places to eat and drink.

its a tourist resort on Majorca mate - same as most Spanish resorts. Its not a shit-tip or owt like that - its decent for a week in the sun

Drive along the Island's western coast, through the mountains. Pit stop in Soller, Deia, and Fornalutx.
Give Valldemossa a miss.

its a tourist resort on Majorca mate - same as most Spanish resorts. Its not a shit-tip or owt like that - its decent for a week in the sun

I've been to Palma, Soller and Malaga in the last few years. Whilst I'm not hoping for something of that level, a bit of sun and authentic scran is what I was hoping for. With it being outside of the school holidays, I'm hoping that there wont be a ton of kids running around either.

Drive along the Island's western coast, through the mountains. Pit stop in Soller, Deia, and Fornalutx.
Give Valldemossa a miss.

Soller is a great little place. We got the tram up from Palma a few years back, very pretty.

I've been to Palma, Soller and Malaga in the last few years. Whilst I'm not hoping for something of that level, a bit of sun and authentic scran is what I was hoping for. With it being outside of the school holidays, I'm hoping that there wont be a ton of kids running around either.

Soller is a great little place. We got the tram up from Palma a few years back, very pretty.
As are you. Hope you have a lovely time in Spain.

Seemed more of a fishing village when I was there in 2004, quite a nice place from memory.

To the OP, rent a car and drive over the mountains at the north of the island going towards Palma, some lovely places up there (Deia could have been one of them). Palma is a nice city, big cathedral near the seafront.

I
Love the 'authentic local food' shite that some of the pretentious twats on here come out with. Its f***ing Spain man, not Alaska.

The menu over here seems to be fish heads, beetles, or Western style burger and chips or pizza.

I
Love the 'authentic local food' shite that some of the pretentious twats on here come out with. Its f***ing Spain man, not Alaska.

The menu over here seems to be fish heads, beetles, or Western style burger and chips or pizza.

Saying I like the local food is not pretentious, I'm saying it because I like it.

Cracking place, been twice in last few year......

Still civilised and spot on for families of couples....just looking at a villa there for june...as for tips, same old same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back