Punk Thread for CPL

Ha ha ha, this is my thread and I am going to post on it every day, don't care if I am the only one, having the conversation with myself, at least there will be no one to disagree with me.
Will start by saying the band I saw the most times in my life were the Damned, 8 times in all, they weren't even my favourite band, just toured all the time.
See you tomorrow, my own wee punk thread

Ha ha ha, this is my thread and I am going to post on it every day, don't care if I am the only one, having the conversation with myself, at least there will be no one to disagree with me.
Will start by saying the band I saw the most times in my life were the Damned, 8 times in all, they weren't even my favourite band, just toured all the time.
See you tomorrow, my own wee punk thread
Favourite band?
And bear in mind, if you say The Ramones, I am going to get the MODS to delete the thead.😁

Favourite band?
And bear in mind, if you say The Ramones, I am going to get the MODS to delete the thead.😁
Oh definitely the Ram...... hang on. There are so many to mention and it sort of changes every day, love love love X Ray Specs tho but probably these days listen to the Clash and Buzzcocks more. Used to love the Vibrators (ooh err missus) and always loved their song Stiff little fingers, which is where 😜 SLF got there name from. Didn't someone on other thread say they were going to see them tomorrow night
God is this yours. Jealous, how did you keep it so white

Last edited:
The punk band I saw the most times was the upstarts by a country mile, I can't be bothered to list all the others and probably can't remember exactly where/when due to excessive amounts of alcohol consumed on every occasion. Wearmouth Hall had some great bands on back in the day and the beer in the students bar was cheap as fuck.

The same with the home and away games back then, just can't remember :lol::rolleyes:

Was in a band and had a record out in 1982/3

Helped run a record label and produced a couple of albums (onslaught were one of the bands who went on to be a reasonably well know metal band) 1984/85

1984 Jello Biafra took me around San Francisco after doing a radio Interview with him and we went to watch the Subhumans (from Swindon - I’m from Bristol lol)

Edit: and had the exploited Wattie had a baseball bat) force way into my house looking for owed money from the label Owner but he had done a runner

Last edited:
I saw Stiff Little Fingers at the Guildhall in NewcXtle. Angelic Upstarts were support band. Keith Bell was there he was a scary bloke.

Speaking of the Upstarts I saw them at the Old 29, they had their pigs head with them.
Dead Kennedys now rhee a US punk band I can really get on board with. RIP Pelligro
I saw Stiff Little Fingers at the Guildhall in NewcXtle. Angelic Upstarts were support band. Keith Bell was there he was a scary bloke.

Speaking of the Upstarts I saw them at the Old 29, they had their pigs head with them.
Me too but only ever saw them the once, there, don't hate me but quite fancy a t shirt....in memoriam. Was having to educate some of my Glasgow mates on the left wing copper baiting, miners son lead singer and thought, yeah a t shirt.
Gotta be my old Red House Comp skoolmate.....................Leatherface!!!!
Taciturn git but he could pick up an instrument, any instrument and get a tune out of it, just had an ear for it i suppose cos I don't think he could read music

Last edited:
Dead Kennedys now rhee a US punk band I can really get on board with. RIP Pelligro

Me too but only ever saw them the once, there, don't hate me but quite fancy a t shirt....in memoriam. Was having to educate some of my Glasgow mates on the left wing copper baiting, miners son lead singer and thought, yeah a t shirt.

Taciturn git but he could pick up an instrument, any instrument and get a tune out of it, just had an ear for it i suppose cos I don't think he could read music
Enjoying yourself marra🤣

Trying to think of the bands I saw, quite few smaller/local ones but didn't go to that many gigs:
  • SLF
  • Jam
  • GBH
  • Upstarts
  • UK Subs
  • Crass
  • Flux
  • Adam and Ants
  • PIL
  • Discharge
  • Mau Maus
  • Subhumans
  • Vice Squad

They were influenced by punk, so I have to thank the punk movement for existing because without it, Carter USM would never have existed either.
And the musical world would have been forever grateful for that. Carter USM🤣
Trying to think of the bands I saw, quite few smaller/local ones but didn't go to that many gigs:
  • SLF
  • Jam
  • GBH
  • Upstarts
  • UK Subs
  • Crass
  • Flux
  • Adam and Ants
  • PIL
  • Discharge
  • Mau Maus
  • Subhumans
  • Vice Squad
Adam and the Ants. Durham Uni.
Before Dog Eat Dog release if memory serves. Wasn't a huge punk fan, but they were absolutely f***ing brilliant. Etched in my brain that gig.

Last edited:

Back