***Rangers 🔵 v Celtic 🟢⚪️ Kick Off 12pm Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Football Sky Sports Ultra HDR***

It was a dive. But the dive made a penalty possible, because a player - a player already on a yellow card, to boot - threw a leg out at knee height, in front of a player running past him in the box. It was a stupid thing to do.
Exactly my take. If you want to guarentee that a pen isnt given dont kick him in the knee. Especially a player who has been diving all day and you know he make the most of it. Soft pen but definately the correct decision

Forthwith my lips are sealed. My lips are sealed forthwith.
It's too late everyone let him do his panto act for too long :lol:

Met him through work did a talk for me and colleagues. He's a clever bloke, could do the ordinary punditry gig but he'd not get employed by every broadcaster if he was boring.

I don’t really care with regards to the result but Jesus how bad is Chris Sutton on comms? Just throwing abuse at rangers all game. The arseholes arsehole.

Game in hand but who cares
Which they need to win. If they do, they go two points clear of Celtic with another game against Celtic to play. Lose that game and the title is probably Celtic’s. While it was a good point, considering Celtic should have been 4-0 up at half-time, the reaction at the end was a bit over the top. Had Rangers gone, say, four points clear of Celtic today, I’d get that reaction.

He kicks him in the knee. It’s a penalty even though he throws himself down. Doesn’t have to hit the deck to be a foul. Chris Sutton has made himself looks tit.
This! For those who think it wasn't a penna, some angles are misleading as VAR showed this angle to the ref.

Fabio is bringing his right leg forward and his knee is clattered into, causing his right foot to hit the deck behind him rather than complete his stride with his foot going in front of of him. There's no way he was getting his left foot in front of him to keep himself up so aye he goes down but it's a penna all day.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
This! For those who think it wasn't a penna, some angles are misleading as VAR showed this angle to the ref.

Fabio is bringing his right leg forward and his knee is clattered into, causing his right foot to hit the deck behind him rather than complete his stride with his foot going in front of of him. There's no way he way getting his left foot in front of him to keep himself up so aye he aye he's goes down but it's a penna all day.

Did the yellow card get rescinded for the dive

Fabio is bringing his right leg forward and his knee is clattered into, causing his right foot to hit the deck behind him rather than complete his stride with his foot going in front of of him. There's no way he was getting his left foot in front of him to keep himself up so aye he goes down but it's a penna all day.

Doesn’t even have to go down for it to be a foul. If referees and pundits remembered this we’d have far less diving. Kick in the knee, clear penalty, good use of VAR. Thank goodness VAR don’t listen to the commentary

What football is all about, rivalry, so much on the line regarding the result and both teams trying to win.
Quality may be better at the Etihad but not necessarily excitement.

I think the main reason for the big celebrations from rangers is that without that last minute equaliser the title would be Celtics. As a result it will probably come down to the repeat fixture. Ding ding round 2.

Back