Ren - Money Game Part 3

Still don't get it.
Whilst it certainly doesn't have the impact (or the incredible musicality) of Hi Ren, I still appreciate it as a piece of musical art.

To quote him, whilst "Eminem did it" and "Plan B did it", I'm not sure that either of them did it as stylishly as Ren does it. I'm an old fart and Hi Ren is probably the first time I've been genuinely moved by a song since Stan.

Whilst it certainly doesn't have the impact (or the incredible musicality) of Hi Ren, I still appreciate it as a piece of musical art.

To quote him, whilst "Eminem did it" and "Plan B did it", I'm not sure that either of them did it as stylishly as Ren does it. I'm an old fart and Hi Ren is probably the first time I've been genuinely moved by a song since Stan.
Fair enough. You know far more about music than me.

Fair enough. You know far more about music than me.
I really don't. There's no right or wrong answer, here. I can only tell it from my standpoint and I think it's great. Whilst I've worked in the industry for years, that doesn't mean I know any more than you. Music is completely subjective, marra and you know what you like and if you "don't get" this, there's nowt wrong with that.

I wasn't calling you out, I was just saying why I appreciate it.

I really don't. There's no right or wrong answer, here. I can only tell it from my standpoint and I think it's great. Whilst I've worked in the industry for years, that doesn't mean I know any more than you. Music is completely subjective, marra and you know what you like and if you "don't get" this, there's nowt wrong with that.

I didn't mean to come across arsey/sarcy like I did. Music is a big part of your life and you've made a living off it. Music is a small part of my life and I just listen to stuff that makes me nostalgic for my teens and early 20s.

I didn't mean to come across arsey/sarcy like I did. Music is a big part of your life and you've made a living off it. Music is a small part of my life and I just listen to stuff that makes me nostalgic for my teens and early 20s.
Still no right or wrong answer though, marra. I'm probably just more naturally eclectic than most cos it's "my job" to be. It doesn't come across as arsey anyway. It's all good. 😎

Managed to get the #1 album in the UK the other day, over the moon for the lad.
Also because he's not tied down to a certain style, "eclectic" is his middle name like.:lol:

He says in interviews that the videos are just as important as the songs. MG#3 was all performed live in one take (well, technically two as they had to have a cut as it panned by the wheelchair, only so they could get the strings set up and waterproof his mic for the water coming in). The second part of it it was all the first take as well as they only had the one chance to get it right.

He's been talking for a while about approaching Netflix with his cinematographer Samuel to make a series, his work recently has been kind of a rough cut for it.
It took me a little while to click with it - I think you need to come at it as "performance art" rather than music - which isn't putting down the songs at all, but he values the video just as much as the song and the lyrics and I don't think it's something you can put on Spotify and listen to in the car. :lol:

Last edited:

Back