SAFC Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTG

Striker
I've mentioned this elsewhere as there was an exhibition of a tiny fraction of this guy's stuff at the Customs House. It's a private collection which has taken 30 years to put together, and among all sorts of other stuff, includes over 400 players' shirts!! He is looking for a permanent home for it in Sunderland and it sounded like he may have been offered somewhere for 2 years while he finds somewhere else. In the meantime he is going to have an exhibition on in the Bridges for 2 weeks at the start of October, not to be missed.

One of the things I really liked about it is that the stuff is there to be shared and not just looked at. He seems quite happy to have people trying the shirts on etc. There is a website link which seems to have nowt on it so presumably he has just bought the domain name but hasn't sorted the content out yet, but he is on Twitter and you can see quite a lot of the stuff he has there. https://twitter.com/safcmuseum

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

He's a very good friend of mine. (no pics). Some of the stuff he's got is incredible. I held Monty's European Cup Winners Medal the other week, all he wants is people to see and enjoy what he's collected over the years.

Edit: He's got one of those yellow stripy 80's tops. ;)

Ive messaged him a couple of times about stuff he might be interested in, seems a canny lad to be fare,

He's a very good friend of mine. (no pics). Some of the stuff he's got is incredible. I held Monty's European Cup Winners Medal the other week, all he wants is people to see and enjoy what he's collected over the years.

How has he got SKP's golden boot? Is that just on loan for the exhibition. I can't imagine Phillips ever wanting to let that go.

How has he got SKP's golden boot? Is that just on loan for the exhibition. I can't imagine Phillips ever wanting to let that go.
I'm not sure to be honest, I didn't ask him about that. We were more concerned with the old international tops. :lol:

Great fella and we've become good mates over the last few months.

Big supporter of Bradley now, even travelled down to Horden a couple of weeks ago to see me make an arse of myself in a charity match :)

He's good friends with SKP, as well as many other ex players. His collection is amazing and I hope it finds a permanent home soon.

Managed to get to an exhibition he had at Hendon library about a month ago, really nice bloke who's just happy for others to enjoy seeing and trying on his collection, loads of bairns obviously over the moon to try on Borini's cup final top and boots etc. As it's a hobby I think the bloke deserves all the support he can get.
He's got another exhibition in the Bridges from about 2nd-10th October where he'll have Phillip's Golden boot on show, it's only a loan for the exhibition though.

Agreed.

His latest find is a 1901 league winners medal.

There's also something in the pipeline that will be amazing if it comes off. Sworn to secrecy though.

I'm going to take me two lads to see it all displayed we all really looking forward to it mate. What's this secret along the lines of???????

Great fella and we've become good mates over the last few months.

Big supporter of Bradley now, even travelled down to Horden a couple of weeks ago to see me make an arse of myself in a charity match :)

He's good friends with SKP, as well as many other ex players. His collection is amazing and I hope it finds a permanent home soon.

You would think the club would help out in some way,

I'm going to take me two lads to see it all displayed we all really looking forward to it mate. What's this secret along the lines of???????

They'll love it, and as previously said the shirts can be tried on, trophies held, etc.
For us older fans things like Montys European Cup winners medal are wonderful to see.

It's not my place to say I'm afraid, but suffice to say it will be a first time ever event.

You would think the club would help out in some way,

I'm lead to believe they aren't particularly happy or helpful about the venture. Probably because it wasn't their idea.

They'll love it, and as previously said the shirts can be tried on, trophies held, etc.
For us older fans things like Montys European Cup winners medal are wonderful to see.

It's not my place to say I'm afraid, but suffice to say it will be a first time ever event.

I'm lead to believe they aren't particularly happy or helpful about the venture. Probably because it wasn't their idea.
Looking forward to it even more now lol

I heard pretty much same thing about the club not really been on side crazy really considering its promoting the club history and nearly everything is a one off peace. Sad really could of got a ton of real good publicity but....it's what I've come to expect of safc on the publicity side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back